“Dinner”

Casey's Grill Bar
Cuisines: Asian, Seafood, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Classic and International menu based on fresh ingredients and a passion for flavor...popular choices include the Butcher Block Burger, Rotisserie Chicken, Back Ribs, Steaks, Mahi Mahi, and wonderful Asian dishes. Fully licensed; multi-leveled; flexible seating for business, groups or family entertaining; fireplace; free WIFI; very friendly;
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Had the Singapore plate and it was delicious. The fish and chips was not fresh fish cooked it was prepackaged frozen.

Jamie H, Marketing Manager at Casey's Grill Bar, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

You chose a popular item… the Singapore Street Noodles. (Shrimp, chicken, crispy onion strings, Napa cabbage, and Lo Mein and rice noodles in a Singapore curry sauce…Mmmm). BTW, we have Chef’s assurance the Tempura Cod is prepared fresh each day. Would love to serve fresh from the sea, but hey, we’re a bit far from Newfoundland. Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Really different dishes - fusion style but done very well. Love the lunch menu here too. Place is clean and the owner takes a personal approach to the place. Service is friendly but getting the food seems slow at times. The Beer varieties are lots and mid week there is a live blues style band in the place that packs it out. I will continue to go back and maybe even more in the future.

Jamie H, Marketing Manager at Casey's Grill Bar, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thanks for the review. If you're a fan of the live blues in the Water Tower Pub on Wednesdays, then you should try out the live Jazz on Fridays and other rockin' bands on Saturdays. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stopped here on New Years Eve for a bite before I went to spend the night at hospital with my ill father . We were seated right away , well after about 10 minutes , and ordered our food. We sat for an hour, and the waitress came by once or twice to tell us it should not be much longer .... She had 2 other tables in her area with people at them , yet we still had no food. I was worried about getting to the hospital, so after an hour and 15 minutes, we left . We went across to McDonalds and actually got food . No idea how the food was, never saw any !! Will not return !

2  Thank dodi534

We’d love to respond to your concerns in your review of Casey’s….however, you are writing a review for New Year’s Eve 2012, and submitting May 3, 2013. A bit of a head-scratcher. So many things have changed since then, including a new manager. All we can say is: hope your father is well, thank you for taking your time to write, we regret any inconvenience, and we hope you will change your mind and revisit us.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We arrived at the Water Tower Inn for a 2 day conference that was to begin at 2PM, having arrived at this restaurant at 1:20PM we asked the manager if that would be enough time for them to feed us as we were very clear that we would need to leave by 2PM. He said it would not be a problem whatsoever, so long as we order off the lunch menu. Sadly we believed him. We sat down and placed our orders within minutes. Then we waited, and waited and waited. Finally 1:50PM came around and we could not wait any longer so we asked for our food to be packed up and if we could pay. Our food was given to us at 2PM. Needless to say our table of 5 was not impressed, had the manager not lied to us we could have easily crossed the road to grab a quick lunch. One of the people at my table simply asked the waitress what took so long as we were told we would be fed and out the door by 2PM and she got rather upset, to the point where she walked about 5 feet from our table to a service station and made a comment to her coworker about how "she just got yelled" at. This was unprofessional to say the least as this was intentionally done well withing earshot. Having heard this I approached her and said "excuse me, we're not yelling at you or mad with you, we would however like to speak to your manager as he was the one who told us this wouldn't be an issue". After waiting a few minutes and the waitress didn't return I asked another waitress if she could have the manager come meet me so I could express my displeasure with my experience and him agreeing to our timeline, yet not meeting it. She returned within minutes saying that he can't come talk to me because he was in a meeting....well, I'm not sure how Casey's handles customer service but this was a terrible experience, had the manager taken a minute to come speak with me the situation would have been rectified on the spot but sadly he did not. He chose to overlook customer service for a meeting. I've never been denied the opportunity to speak to the manager in a restaurant. This was actually shocking because I've never been treated so disrespectfully. I suggest you get your restaurant in order and explain to the manager that without customers and customer service there's no need for meetings....Not to mention the food was soggy and terrible....all around this was an absolute terrible experience!

5  Thank BigBig-L
Jamie H, Marketing Manager at Casey's Grill Bar, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. The details you provided greatly helped my investigation.

I spoke with Casey's General Manager, Shawna Sturgeon, regarding your comments. Casey's Grill.Bar provides professional and friendly service - I apologize that this was not your experience. Shawna will be meeting with your server immediately to discuss your comments.

Operationally, meetings are necessary. Our servers are always made aware of the location and timing of operational meetings, and they are instructed to interrupt said get-togethers if managers are needed in the restaurant. Shawna will be re-enforcing this policy with all staff, so that your experience will not be repeated.

I assure you that it was never our intent to give you "false promises". I thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. I hope you will give us another try.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

They had a great band on the weekend that is sure to make it big. Drinks were good, cold and a little expensive (but it is Canada). We had pulled pork poutine but I think it was in the pub section and not Caseys. Nice main bar backdrop with couches and soft chairs available. Service was very good and allowed a tab to be open. I would return.

Jamie H, Marketing Manager at Casey's Grill Bar, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you for the review. I'm glad you enjoyed our Northern hospitality and the live music, which happens 3 times weekly in the Water Tower Pub, found adjacent to Casey's Grill.Bar. As you noticed, it's a great place to hang out with good friends! Thanks again!