“Uncomfortable”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Adams Motel

Adams Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sault Ste. Marie
Adams Motel
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Sault Ste. Marie
Sheguiandah, ON
“Uncomfortable”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Front desk fellow asked too many personal questions and I didnt feel I could confront this because he had all my information already.
Found beer cap and one other piece of debris on floor of room.
Door did not have safety lock, so I had to pull bed in front of door. Slept poorly.
Wasn't that cheap.
Wouldn't stay there again.

Room Tip: Would rather have paid little extra for peace of mind and good nights sleep.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank maanii
repeteToronto, Owner at Adams Motel, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
It is quite unfortunate that someone chose to write an unfavourable review about us. There were no complaints brought to our attention, so there's really no way for us to help out or offer any solutions.

I’m not snoopy, the information we require is common and industry wide, we must have pertinent info concerning all our guests for our records and for safety purposes. I am always friendly with customers, and yes I chat with them about how their day has been, or if the highways were in good condition (snow), and if I don’t recognize where they’re from .. I’ll ask, just because I’m interested to know myself that’s all. I do not prod into their personal lives. Over the past 18 years it is very common for customers to chat about where they’re from, and where they’re going and many other things in general. I will chat back with them trying to make them feel welcome, but never in the 18 yrs did anyone ever take offence to it.

I do recall this guest, and yes she seemed a little stand off-ish at the time, but she may have been having a bad day ! She didn’t mention or complain about anything during her stay or at the time of check out. Customers can easily phone the front desk and asked for assistance, or let us know if anything was out of place in their room or anything they may want answers to. Our prices are about middle of the road, there are many higher and some are lower. If she felt in any way the price was not what she wanted to pay we do not force travellers to stay, there is ample opportunity before checking in to decide not to stay with us. It’s difficult or near impossible to satisfy someone if they do not mention their dilemmas. So I find writing a poor review of us, a little unfair, when we had no chance to address her expectations. If you search other reviews about Adams Motel, you will soon see what other travellers have experienced here with us, not to mention the many guests that claimed our beds are very comfortable. Our rapport with our valued customers has been great over the last many years, and we have had many happy returning customers. We will continue what we have been doing and invite any and all travellers a chance to see for themselves, what a nice, clean, reasonable rate motel we run. I promise not to bend your ear too much. If I have offended anyone by chatting with them it was certainly not my intentions.

* Our rooms are equipped with two locks on every outside door, one is built in the entry door knob, and the other is a dead bolt, operated from inside the room. Yes there have been guests that didn’t notice them, or didn’t know how to lock the door, but as I had mentioned previously, call us anytime for assistance, we are happy to help.
*Our beds are of a quality name brand, and updated, furthermore our motel is randomly inspected each year by AAA/CAA inspectors. They look at all things in the room including, mattresses, door locks, and cleanliness. We are proud to say over the past 18 yrs we have not had a unfavourable report.

Adams Motel ...thanks you for taking the time to read our reply.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Quebec City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

I chose this motel after reading other reviews. I needed a budget (cheap) motel on the way home from a long cross-canada road trip. It did the trick for me. Clean, cheap and the owners were nice. Decently appointed room. Well located for easy access to the highway. Went to the Casino in the Sault. Motel gave me a $10 playing card. Didn't win, but I had fun and good meal at the restaurant there. Overall, I am happy to recommend this budget motel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Stillwater, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

For American (or Canadian) travelers headed north for a fishing/outdoor adventure, the Adams motel is an excellent choice. At the extreme north end of Sault Ste. Marie, once you get here you can sleep well knowing that a left turn (NW) will take you on 17 west toward Wawa and points beyond. Not at all far from Tim Hortons, McDonalds, etc. Probably not where you want to spend your honeymoon but at the same time, excellent accomodations, reasonable rates and quiet (far enough out of town you don't hear all the riff raff). I haven't been there in a few years but would have no hesitation in booking a room here. Clean, comfortable, reasonable, nice people running it...... A SOLID choice for a businessman, a couple or a family. I'll be back.

Room Tip: Rooms are quiet and you can be assured a good night's sleep.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012 via mobile

Clean and friendly! Fridge and coffee in the room. Walking distance to Boston Pizza, LCBO, and other shopping. Highly recommended when passing through the Sault!

Stayed May 2012
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2011

Stayed here 2 nights has all the basics one needs for stop over one night..right on the Trans Canada highway 17, clean, and fairly good sized rooms staff and owner very friendly, close to mall and restaurants. however value for money if staying more than one night no there is only a small fridge no microwave and TV is small..Motels about 5 minutes away do give value for your money

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jamesbc214
Winnipeg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2011

We used this motel twice in October 2011 and found it to be very comfortable for sleeping and very clean. We were travelling to southern Ontario and found the motel to be a convenient stop, especially since we ended up arriving later than we had hoped, both ways. It is across the road and down a little from Giovanni's Restaurant at which we have had many good meals in the past. If you get in early enough, you could walk the few steps to the restaurant for a great meal.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

We have been using this motel for years on our annual cross Canada trips to and from our cottage.

Although I have only marked it average, it fits the bill for our needs: A traditional motor court style motel, you can back up a fully loaded car with roof bin right to the entrance of the room, so you don't have to unload everything.

Not fancy, but clean and safe. You can go to the Fairfield next door and pay double, you'll have a fancy amenities and a fluffier bed, but you will have to empty your car and slug everything up to your room, if you want an angst free-sleep.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family