“WHATEVER LOLA WANTS!”

Ranked #6 of 220 Restaurants in Sarnia
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 16, 2013

What a funky little spot Lola's is! Yes, it is very small and certainly not conducive to conversation, however, we've returned 3 or 4 times and try to either get there before or after the busy lunch hour that way you can avoid the noisier crowd! There are definitely a number of items on the menu to return for and enjoy! As far as price is concerned I think it's on par with any other restaurant.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

After eating here, I found myself scratching my head. What did I just pay for? It was loud, cramped, our meal was rushed; we had our entrees before we were even half done the apps. Sadly the entree was swimming in some unearthly sauce and a garnish over the top. Our waitress was more then happy to push us threw our meal and hand us a well over priced bill.
The atmosphere is unique. Might give it one more try; just no time soon.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

This overly small restaurant tries too hard in many areas. The food is average, the wine list is good, the service is good, some might say rushed. The menu is far too extensive and almost every entree is drowned in some sort of sauce. From the starters to a Thai experiment the quantity is simply too much. There are usually 2 to 3 specials that a diner might be wise to stick to. Steaks are fine as is the fresh Walleye, but the chef's heavy hand with the sauces is once again evident.
This restaurant is very small, noisy, and the decoration is way over the top. The plethora of mirrors, shiny baubles, and coloured lights suggests either no interior designer or one that was on acid. The management has crammed as many tables as possible into a tiny space and navigating to a minuscule washroom (one person at a time) presents quite a challenge.
Tables are jammed against one another and the dining experience suffers. I suppose if you are seeking an average dining experience that is extremely noisy in a tiny restaurant whose interior resembles a space ship, then Lola's is the place for you.
You might get the feeling that if a few tables were removed, the menu shrunk a bit, even at the expense of a greater cost per meal, and the garish decoration toned down, then the food in this restaurant might improve. At least a chef would be freed from the need to turn the room over 3 to 4 times a night.
This could be a very good restaurant but sadly not in it's present iteration.

2  Thank DFRM
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Our third time dining here while visiting Sarnia. It's a small place that you might miss if locals hadn't recommended it. Once we found Lola's we now make a special effort to eat here. Well worth it.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

My friend and i had dinner at Lola's before going to the theatre. The restaurant was very busy so many people must enjoy dining here, but my friend and I did not. The food was just okay and very over priced. I am fussy about my food and have travelled all over the world dining at many restaurants and just found this restaurant was not worth the money.

I would not eat here again.

2  Thank Neys