“Stokes - our wedding hero!”
Review of Stokes By The Bay

Stokes By The Bay
Ranked #44 of 220 Restaurants in Sarnia
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Recently our family planned a wedding gathering at our farm. The caterer that we had booked messed up and we decided to hire Stokes by the Bay! Stokes are famous for their chicken and ribs. All 160 people that were there raved about how wonderful the food was! The chicken and ribs are the best that we have ever had and the salads and little potatoes...delicious. We are so happy that we hired them and would highly recommend them to anyone. The friendly and prompt service was also wonderful. Thanks so much for making our celebration so special!

Cindy Seward

1  Thank Cindy S

Reviewed July 3, 2014

I have been meaning to write this for a little over a month now but still thought it was worth sharing.....We are boaters at Sarnia Bay Marina and went here for the second time for a quick meal thinking the first time was a fluke because the food was so bad, so we gave it a second shot....big mistake! Were told we didnt need to wait to sit in bar, so we went and sat, waited about 8-10 minutes for waitress to come over, finally did and we got some drinks, beer was cold but other than that the rest of everything we put in our mouth was horrible.....salad lettuce was soggy, wrap was toasted but burnt on one side and they put that side down to try and hide it but was obvoius once I bit into it, kitchen supervisor/manager needs to step up his/her game, not impressed....waitress was friendly but other than that not a place I would go back to. There are 2 other restaurants right there, Paddy Flahertys and Dockside who ALWAYS impress with their prices, food quality and service. Don't waste your money at Stokes Bay, truly not worth it, go to one of the other places beside it....

Reviewed June 26, 2014

I recommend a shuttle service specifically for Thursday nights during the summer!! Will bring in more business.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

I've eaten here many, many times over the years. While some people I know don't seem to like Stokes, I've never had anything but a great experience here.

It is a rather big restaurant and I can't recall ever having to wait for a seat. There are TVs everywhere for the sports fans and they have been agreeable in putting on a different game than what's on.

I love the Stokes Signature Style wing sauce, which is BBQ and lemon pepper mixed together. Sounds simple but it's really very good! The wings are gigantic as well.

The rest of their food is decent. I really like the goat cheese salad but everything I've had is pretty good. There is lots to pick from on the menu and everything is reasonably priced.

Recently I had the sticky bun dessert, which was a warm cinnamon bun drizzled with caramel sauce, served with vanilla ice cream. It was very good, although the cinnamon bun was kind of dry. They have some fun cocktails on the menu which are also good.

Service is always very good, never a problem there. For me, this is one of my go-tos, especially if it's a Friday or Saturday night, because I know I'll get served right away.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I ordered the lunch special. The mushroom soup was very creamy with lots of fresh mushrooms. The Brushetta chicken wrap was tasty, served with a pickle. Our server was friendly and the service was timed nicely. They have a nice patio if the weather cooperates.