“Pricey but good”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Olive's is a quaint little restaurant that would be good for a special meal. It is pricey but you get what you pay for! It is very nice to have an intimate meal with your spouse or a nice lunch with a friend. Lovely white table cloths and china. So if you're looking for a place that's a little extra special, I would recommend Olives.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Called at the last minute and we were able to get a reservation. It is pricey but the food is very good with very ample portions. A dinner for 4 with appetizers, desserts, 2 beers and a bottle of wine as well as the tip was $248.00. The service was attentive and the owner was around checking in with people. For us, it was our first time there and would recommend it for a special occasion.

1  Thank Truway
Reviewed September 30, 2012

great food and service. This is one of the nicest restaurants in Sarnia. It is always consistently excellent.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I should have read the reviews more closely and got a better feel for reviewers. Yes it is a nice almost intimate room. That's the end of the good news. The menu looked good, it was pricey and our entrees were totally uninspired.

We 2 were there for dinner. There were 3 other groups. A foursome celebrating retirement, a large family doing a birthday, and a banquet. Most other reviews discuss lunch perhaps that's Olives forte.

3  Thank TheScubaMan
Reviewed September 12, 2012

So very disappointed in our lunch today. Waited nearly 40 minutes for the new to me waitress to take our order. Was not that busy. Disappointed in the apple walnut salad. 2 pieces of walnut , no apple, 1 raspberry and little blue cheese not to mention I don't think the salad had dressing on it. My friend also had the same salad but had nothing good to say either. This is the first time I have ever been disappointed at this restaurant. Olive herself was there and usually catches these mishaps, but this one got away from her. After telling my friend how great this place was for lunch I was sorry to see this new waitress so uncaring in her way. Hopefully this will not be a sign of what's to come as I would not like Olives to be like the rest of Sarnia's restaurants.

2  Thank karen w