“Very Authentic French Cuisine”
Review of Maison St. Aubin

Maison St. Aubin
Ranked #39 of 208 Restaurants in Sarnia
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: For the past 17 years we are inviting you and your friends to experience truly Fine Dining? A TASTE OF PARIS. Live entertainment every Friday and Saturday night. You can request a special table set up with fine china, rosewood cutlery, and mouth blown glasses, which is free of charge. (Max.6 guests) Make a reservation and enjoy an exquisite dinner, professional while friendly service as well as a European Ambiance in our tastefully decorated dining room. We thank you for your patronage
Strathroy, Canada
“Very Authentic French Cuisine”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Have dined here many times, the epitome of a small venue/best kept secret kind of place. make reservations for sure.

Visited March 2012
2 Thank Paul S
EvaStAubin, Owner at Maison St. Aubin, responded to this review, January 25, 2017
This note is to thank you for your continuous support of Maison St-Aubin. All the staff as well as Marcel and I are overwhelmed by your support and it shows in the food and the service
We will go the extra mile for you, just ask. Thank you again
Eva St-Aubin

London, Canada
“A Bad Experience”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

While the food was very good the wine and service was NOT.

I have dined at many hundreds of restaurants and must say this was the worst experience.

The table service was amateurish and often intrusive (i.e. - repetitively interrupting conversations to top up water glasses).
When I commented that the wine tasted "very odd" the water server "sort of laughed" and ignored the issue. A second complaint about the wine was later made by another person - and then it was finally replaced.

Dishes were cleared from some people while others were still eating - prompting one person to say that her understanding of proper restaurant service was that it was consideded rude to remove dishes while others were still trying to enjoy their meal.
At one point a server dropped a used spoon down the back of a person sitting across from me. The server retrieved the spoon but said nothing to the person - who then had to take off her sweater to check for stains.

The worst part of the experience was the billing. When the waitress took my credit card with her I asked how she was going to input the PIN #. The response was "we have a system that bypasses your PIN" #.
When I expressed confusion about the different amounts that were appearing during the transaction process, and concern about a system that supposedly "bypassed" the security PIN, I was repeatedly accused of being "RUDE" and was centered out very loudly several times in front of my friends.

Our entire group discussed the situation later and everyone agreed that the food was good but that the table service was poorly done. We came to the conclusion that their billing was still using the old "Pre PIN" process (as opposed to their saying that they were able to "Bypass the security PIN). This was confirmed the next day when I contacted the credit card company to find out what amount had actually been charged to my account.

Summation - a very disappointing experience.

Signed - Someone who would have paid the "preassigned tip" until I was unable to understand their billing process and then was loudly humiliated in front of my friends and other patrons.

• Visited December 2012
6 Thank Undiscl0sed
Chesterfield, Virginia
“Still on top of their game.”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Still one of the best places to eat in Sarnia. Food is excellent. Service is teriffic. On this occasion, 10/31/12, the owner was at the next table enjoying dinner and we struck up a pleasant conversation. I try to eat here whenever I visit Sarnia.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank JS-VA
Ontario
“Outstanding food and ambiance”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

St. Aubin is a gem! It's a great date place, but also for any occasion, business dinners etc. It's cozy inside, with a small seating area, but you don't notice other people around you. The menu selection is quite varied yet I end up usually ordering the same favorites (best caesar salad, lamb and cream brulee, yum,yum). The wait staff are very good and attentive.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank mookiecookie
Calgary
“Excellent food, great service”
Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

We had the filet and seafood lasagna. Both were excellent. Will definately return next time I visit Sarnia.

1 Thank Kitcrazy