“Average, middle of the road.”
Review of John's Restaurant

John's Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 220 Restaurants in Sarnia
Cuisines: Greek, Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 7, 2013

A popular eatery. If you like really salty soup and a pedestrian atmosphere, this is the place for you.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

My family and I went to John,s once and I would have to say it was okay. The food was tasty and the service good. You did not leave hungry. The only thing was that we got there later in the evening and they were out of things. My son had cabbage rolls and the plate was too small for what they gave him and they were also cold. Stuff was dripping off the plate so it didn't look very appetizing. They took his food and heated it up and he enjoyed it. Presentation on this occasion was lacking. Just a word of advice..... Don,t go to a restaurant too late because everyone seemed to want to get home. As I said I have only been there once and based on the experience I have declined recent suggestions for John,s as an option. Presentation is very important to me because it shows pride in what you are doing if nothing else. However, I would not suggest to anyone not to give it a try, because I believe it could have been the time of our dinning which in itself shouldn't matter but things happen.

Al McCrory , Belleville .On.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Turkey Dinner was excellent on Thanksgiving Day Oct 14, 2013. Came with choice of soup or salad and choice of dessert. I had the chicken noodle soup and the pumpkin pie for dessert. Was very happy with both those choices. Mashed potatoes and gravy was very tasty and the turkey and stuffing were perfect. Veggies were corn. Nice service and very friendly.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I think I loved that restaurant because I felt that I am having a breakfast at my home.
Within a five days trip we visited John's Restaurant three times for breakfast, we tried different kind of their menu, no complain what so ever from any body, and all was very good.

1  Thank HAENGMEM2012
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This very popular restaurant is the real thing, a totally unpretentious diner attracting people who want cheap, reasonably good food (and lots of it) at a good price. Lots of ordinary folks, seniors, and the driver of a semi that pulled in as we were leaving. Unlike retro diners that try to recreate the atmosphere of the 1950s and 1960s, this place just dishes up what people obviously want. The servers were very busy with all the customers in this fairly large restaurant but they were pleasant and cheerful with us when we talked with them. And since we had just crossed over the bridge from the US, it was nice to hear the Canadian accents again.

This is not fine dining, and you won't find any exotic or fusion foods on the menu. I ordered a hot turkey sandwich just to get the soft, gravy drenched bread and mashed potatoes and that is what they gave me. I could not finish it all but I liked what I got. My wife's order was tasty but way too much for her.

We will be back again in the morning for breakfast.