“Enjoyed Staying”
Review of Chipican Motel

Chipican Motel
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Sarnia
Reviewed March 1, 2008

I enjoyed staying at the Chipican Motel. The rooms are clean, service is excellent. Very decent rates. Management & staff are nice people & friendly, and friendliness goes a long way with customers.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank MirandaOntario
There are newer reviews for Chipican Motel

Reviewed February 2, 2007

Comparing to the rent we paid the motel room was decent and above our expectation. It was comfortable, clean and very quiet. Next door restaurant meal was very delicious. We were visiting some of our relatives during Christmas holidays and next time again it will be our place of stay for sure.

Stayed: December 2006
2  Thank Robsimrobson
Reviewed October 20, 2006

This place is absolutely disgusting. We walked into the room, turned on the light, and saw nothing but filth. One bed was messed up, there was dust covering all furniture, what seemed to be blood stains all over the back of the door. The bathroom was the grossest thing I've ever seen -- black mold/mildew growing in the shower, toilet stained brown. The air conditioning unit was duct taped into the window, the "wonderful" fridge & microwave dated back to the 80's.. Stains on the carpets, cigarette burns in the sheets, garbage in the drawers.. It was as though someone had just come in, made the beds, and the room was abandoned for a number of years.

Front desk staff was not polite or courteous in any way. We were stuck with a prepaid reservation and nowhere else to go at 3am. Not worth the money, however cheap the rates may be.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
9  Thank redhearts
Reviewed August 24, 2006

I usually go to sarnia at least once every month for my business trip and always stay at this motel. The reasons are, quite and nice location, lowest price in town, big and fairly clean rooms. The best part is it is located right across a beautiful park which is my favorite place in whole town and I always like to walk in that after supper in the next door restaurant.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank tonymelero
Reviewed August 18, 2006

This place is the kind of place you would drive by and wonder "who would stay there" Room rentals very cheap by the week.
Curtains are dirty and hanging off the windows. The restaurant next door is a good cheap steak place (different owners) but the hotel needs to be gutted

• Stayed: August 2006
8  Thank Trustmetotravel
Reviewed August 6, 2006

I stayed at this motel for a night during the Bayfest weekend. Their rooms were fine, not too fancy and luxurious. The room I had, had all the basic necessities I required and I found it to be a decent enough place to stay peacefully at for the night, with a pretty reasonable price.

When I went there the motel was almost fully booked, but the staff did a good job of keeping it very quiet during the night time. My room had everything they said, though I really had no use for the mini-fridge or microwave, because I dined at the next door Chipican Restaurant. I strongly recommend that restaurant to anyone who has the chance of stopping by there. They truly served some of the best steaks I've ever had.

I read some of the other reviews from some of the other travelers here, and I think some of them simply had different expectations than I had, or were simply impossible to please, complaining about every little thing.

Everything is nearby this motel's location, and I'd probably stay there again, especially for rate I recieved.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled solo
Reviewed July 26, 2006

This hotel was so bad we did not even walk on the carpets with bare feet. The matresses filty. The bathroom moldy. The "drapes" held up by masking tape. I do not know how this place hasn't been shut down already. We stayed up and out of the room for as long as possible. Because it was for one night and we were leaving early in the morning we stayed. NEVA AGAIN!!!!

• Stayed: June 2006