“Taste Bud Heaven”

Ranked #43 of 207 Restaurants in Sarnia
Cuisines: Pub, Gastropub, Canadian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Formerly known as Ravenous Gastropub & now re-branded as The Pub. A small family owned restaurant serving homemade recipes & craft beer.Live music every Thursday, Friday & Saturday evenings. CLOSED SUNDAYS & MONDAYS OPEN WED-SAT FOR DINNER AT FIVE PM.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Taste Bud Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Nailing down the right venue for a wedding shower can be a difficult thing. I had already envisioned what I wanted; an elegant yet eclectic atmosphere, tasteful and yet hip decor, food that melted in your mouth yet met the needs of 25 exceptional women and of course excellent creative beverages. Ravenous Gastropub nailed it! Not only was the venue everything I imagined, it was more. The time was taken to meet and discuss menu options, even when the restaurant wasn't open for service yet. The day of the event, tables were set, the fresh food was prepped and ready for service. Any request made was accommodated easily and quickly. During and after the event, I can't count how many of my friends and family commented on how delicious the food was, especially that seafood quiche! I have to agree, I couldn't put my fork down! Overall, Ravenous Gastropub is hands down one of the best venues in Sarnia, you won't be disappointed whether you're stopping in or planning on going for a special occasion.

Toronto, Canada
“Great food, great attitude and classy enviroment.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

My girlfriend and I came across ravenous gastropub travelling through Sarnia, Ontario from Toronto on our way to Vancouver. if you want an amazing meal at a decent price then I highly recommend making the trip to down town Sarnia. With a stimulating selection of the best craft beers on the market and made from scratch delicious meals in a comfortable and beautiful environment, ravenous has what you are looking for. We will most definitely visit this beautiful and classy restaurant again.. Great food and great service. We look forward to relaxing on their gorgeous patio and seeing their kind and knowledgeable staff on our way back home

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank colin g
“Good times at a classic spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

I've been to Ravenous three times since it's opened. You couldn't ask for a better atmosphere wether dining inside or having a few pints out on the patio. The menu offers a great change of pace for Sarnia and the selection of craft and local(ish) beers and wine is most excellent. The staff and location are great too. Highly recommended.

Sarnia needs more Ravenous.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank woahheyjustin
“What a pleasant surprise!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

On my latest trip back to sarnia to visit the folks, my fiancé and I were looking for a nice place to eat and then meet up with some old high school friends. I prepared my guy that Sarnia isn't a known place for its restaurants. My parents told me about some new places that have opened up over the past few years. When they mentioned a gastro pub, we had to check it out. The atmosphere was unique and intimate. Such a romantic, vintage feel. We had the Steak pie and one of their specialty chicken sandwiches as recommended by our server. Who was polite, attentive and humorous. We felt like we were in her home. The food was made with love, we had a slight mistake with one of the sides, but it was rectified. After dinner, we made our way to the patio to check out the live band and wait to meet my friends. Such a blast!!! Sarnia needs this little gem!! So does London, lol. I'll be back.......

2 Thank 30crys
Ravenous G, Manager at The Pub, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Excellent! Thank you! Join us on our facebook page for upcoming bands for the next time you are in the area!
Windsor, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Wedding Shower to Remember”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

On a beautiful sunny afternoon in August, The Ravenous Gastropub hosted a wedding shower for my daughter. White linen tablecloths and napkins nestled in brass dragonfly holders decorated a table set for 24 guests. The music choice by the proprietor was perfect for this chatty crowd and the mood was set for this very special celebration. Guests enjoyed the refreshing Sangria and the food was beyond expectation. Crab Quiche and Blackberry salad preceded 3 choices of BBQ skewers cooked to perfection on an outdoor grill. The fruit tray was absolutely beautiful and tasted even better. The staff were attentive and professional. They worked tirelessly to ensure that each guest was properly attended to. The restauranteur took special care helping me with the many food choices available. They also accommodated guests with special dietary needs. Feedback from my guests was extremely favourable. They left the celebration and later contacted the bride with rave reviews. I am so happy the I chose the Ravenous Gastropub for this very special occasion. I would definitely recommend this unique downtown restaurant to friends and family for anything from a quiet dinner to a wonderful celebration of any kind!! Thank you for the great time; it was perfect. Sheila A

1 Thank Sheila A
Ravenous G, Manager at The Pub, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you Sheila! I'm glad to hear everyone had a great time. We had a lot of fun being a part of the special day :)