“Hockey trip to Canada”

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Sarnia
Evansville, Indiana, United States
“Hockey trip to Canada”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Our team traveled to the great white north to play hockey. The staff was ready for us when the charter bus pulled in. The rooms during our three night stay were very comfortable, clean and maintained each day. The food at the restaurant was excellent and service was very friendly. The staff at the hotel was superb at handling such a large group. Providing a hospitality room allowed a place for the kids to play and the adults to relax. We could not have asked for a better experience. Great job!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed January 18, 2013

stayed here because my "usual" was sold out due to hockey tournament. unfortunately, many young players also stayed here. they were quite noisy at night running up and down the halls. i completely forfeited the full included breakfast because the restaurant was overwhelmed with the families and very noisy. - just lucky timing on my part. lol
the hotel was comfortable - a little bit dated. large room. bed very comfortable, large bathroom. this was a king bed room. rate was high for the quality of this hotel
staff friendly at arrival.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I arrived late on Wednesday, December 26, the night Sarnia was under a heavy snowstorm. After having travelled for an entire day, I was warmly welcomed by Karen who made me feel as if I was coming home!
She went out of her way fielding questions, making calls to obtain transpoertation for me the next day and making sure that I had all I needed in the room, always smiling and ready to assist. In the morning, I was introduced to Ann who is in charge during the day, and once again, the warmth, the cordiality and the disposition to help in any way was honestly beyond comparison! Persons such as Karen and Ann with such interpersonal skills, human qualities and kindness are hard to find in this turbulent world of ours. I not only congratulate QI's Management for having them on Board - I would strongly ask that you not let them go!
They are truly an asset to the QI organization. It was just an amazing and delightful experience, bringing sunshine to that snowy night and to that cold, wintery subsequent day. Guy, you're just amazing! I hope to see you soon when I come for my next assignment at the Ontario Court of Justice in Sarnia right across the street! Sincerely, Tobias Gabriel (Toronto)

Room Tip: Al you have to do is ask for Karen or Ann or any other member of that wonderful at the front test fo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank 463Tobi
Lucy096, General Manager at Quality Inn Sarnia, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for sharing the wonderful experience you had with our hotel and its staff. It brings me great pride to hear that you compared your stay with us to a feeling of "coming home". I am glad that our staff was able to shine some light on the horrible weather you were facing.
We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.
Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I were there for 4 nights. He was away working during the day so I spent part of my day at the hotel. The rooms were nice and clean, the tv a little outdated compared to other hotels (which didn't really matter since we barely watched) but with a good list of channels, and with lots of space and very very comfortable beds. The restaurant inside is open for breakfast and lunch and breakfast is included in the rate. I tried it once for lunch and it was really good. The best thing of all is the staff. They were so helpful and nice and just made our time there such a great stay all around. A special mention to Ann at the front desk. Very sweet and helpful lady. She helped me finds shops around, walking trails, things to do, arranged for me to stay in the room as long as I needed while not feeling well and still made sure the room was cleaned, etc, etc. My only suggestion to the hotel? Use the fireplace. The lobby is cozy and I was able to grab a cup of great coffee at the restaurant and sit down and read in the couch at the lobby, but it would have been so much nicer to sit there by a fire. And my only words of caution for a guest? There's no elevator, but the staircase is easy to manage. Before this visit we had stayed at another hotel in Sarnia, really nice and newer, but this time was booked during our time there. So we ended up here by chance but left really happy we found it.

• Stayed November 2012
Brigden
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We were at a wedding at the Quality Inn and stayed the night. We had a beautiful room with awesome service. The staff at this hotel were very friendly and accommodating to our needs. This was definitely the nicest Quality Inn we ever stayed at. The hotel had a very nice restaurant to enjoy our breakfast the next morning in. We were surprised to see that the staff there as well as the wedding the night before were so nice. We will definitely recommend this hotel to friends!

Julie Brown

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Lunenburg, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Beautiful place.....nice people. Enjoyed the room, excellent location. Will be back there for sure. We had a suite for 2 nights, and a room for one night. Lots of room for everyone, they helped us out with an emergency situation with no problem. Especially at 1 in the morning.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

If you cant book another hotel, then this one is ok. The only complain i had is that the room is not cleaned and organized properly everyday.
Gym is fine, not too many people uses it. You get a fridge in the room which is nice.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business