“comfortable bed”

Add it.
The Gables Inn
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Sarnia
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed at Gables Inn with my two children after a long trip from USA. People were very nice at the hotel. Beds were very comfortable with good mattresses. I could have slept much longer...just didn't want to get up. It was nice to have fridge and microwave in the room and also the room was quite large. I didn't feel crowded with all the luggage and children. Also it is at a convenient location. Tim Horton's just next door. Will recommend to my family and friends.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
TheGablesInn, Manager at The Gables Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Thank you for this wonderful review on tripadvisor. We always enjoy ensuring each of our guest expectations are met. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to see you again soon.
Thank you for choosing and recommending the Gables Inn - Sarnia!

There are newer reviews for The Gables Inn

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a nice clean little motel. Not a place to stay in a rainny day. Just a plce to sleep and shower. Ramesh and Falguni (Mgrs) are very helpful. If you're expecting to have Marriott's confort and services, you better go there and spend the money. I satyed 4 nights and was satisfied for my money

Room Tip: Phone the hotel directly for a better rate: 1-877-563-7993
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This motel was everything the positive reviews here have shown: basic, but clean and comfortable. The mattresses were great, a fantastic night's sleep. Incredibly helpful, accommodating, and helpful management/owners. Perfect price for the services offered, especially for our one night there on our trip from Western New York to Southwestern Michigan. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Had booked a week ahead and arrived on a very hot sunday afternoon. Person at the front desk was pleasant although it took her a while to find my reservation. Headed to the room and before unloading we wanted to check and make sure everything was fine. The cost was expensive for a motel such as that and they weren't too many cars around. The air was off and the window open so we turned on the air, closed the window and after 10 minutes it still wasn't blowing cold air. We called the front desk and someone came down to fix it and he said it was working correctly and we couldn't expect the room to be cold already. Believe me it would have never gotten cold. Thought better of it and decided to leave and go somewhere else. he was a little rude and for the money we didn't deserve the attitude. At the front desk she told me that she could tell that I didn't like Indian people and that was why I was leaving. I left horrified that someone would actually say that to someone. Wouldn't be returning....

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank JANET B
TheGablesInn, Manager at The Gables Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2012

Dear Janet,

I thank you for your feedback and I am truly sorry and to be honest, a bit surprised by the multitude of issues that you experienced at our motel. As we take pride in our overall service, cleanliness and genuine friendliness with all our guests, I want to personally apologize for all the inconveniences you experienced during your stay here.

In response to your concern about the rate, you have been aware of the rate when you reserved the room. It was a bayfest week, so all our customers left to go watch the concert. That must be why you didn't see any cars around.

The air conditioners were turned off because we always turn them off after someone checks out of the room to save energy. About the air conditioner not making the room cold, i assume you didn't keep it on for long enough, it takes a while for it to get the whole room cold. No other customer has ever complained about the rooms not being cold before.

The man who came to check the air conditioner was simply explaining to you that you must wait a while for the rooms to get cold and the air conditioner was working in order. He didn't mean to be rude at all and certainly didn't mean to have an "attitude".

I apologize for the lenthy response but would sincerely appreciate an opportunity to discuss and rectify your overall impression and experience with us.

Thanks,

Reviewed July 16, 2012

We were attending a wedding on Canada Day weekend and had no one to look after our 8 year old, very spoiled, dog. The owner agreed to let us bring her. There is a large grassy area at the motel for us to walk Sadie. I assume we did not have a renovated room, but it was an average size, even though the bathroom was very small. Overall, good value. One problem was that Airport Road is torn up (something not indicated at the highway exit), so we had to detour. Not the motel's fault, but irritating. We would probably stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dkdkdkdkdk
Reviewed March 6, 2012

I recently stayed for 5 days at The Gables Inn, Sarnia, while visiting family in the area. My room was in the newly renovated and "deluxe" section of the motor court. The room was clean and adequate for my needs. I was far enough back in the facility to not have any road noise. The bathroom was clean but I was glad I packed my own toiletries and hair dryer--only the bare necessities were supplied. (I had to laugh about the single, wire hanger provided in the closet for my use.) I enjoyed the college-sized refrigerator and wireless wi-fi. The bed was comfy and I had plenty of pillows. There are many reasonably prices restaurant nearby, in addition to a Tim Hortons less than a quarter mile away.

Room Tip: Ask for a room toward the back of the property, away from the busy London Line Road. Remember to bri...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank Dallasgal56
Reviewed December 19, 2011

My family and I had a lovely stay and were really pleased with service at The Gables Inn. They had newly renovated rooms with beds that had fluffy pillows and warm blankets, new up-to-date bathrooms and a modern kitchen with all the utensils and cookware we needed. They also have wireless internet which was working just fine for us. It was just so BEAUTIFUL compared to the dump we stayed at our last visit to Sarnia. The staff was willing to help and had a very welcoming aura to them.

All in all, I would definitely stay here again in the future! Thanks again, you definitely made our stay enjoyable...!!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family