“Incredibly responsive customer service”
Review of Super 8 Sarnia ON

Super 8 Sarnia ON
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Sarnia
Reviewed July 12, 2010

My daughter, dog and I stayed here twice in June at the beginning and end of a trip to Michigan. On our first visit we were welcomed warmly and efficiently at close to 1 a.m. after fleeing a Port Huron hotel with bugs. The second visit was even better as the young man at the front desk was superb: he almost instantly got us a high powered fan when we expressed some concern about what seemed to be a smoky odour in our non-smoking room, he cheerfully helped us navigate the wi-fi system, directed us to the specialty store we were seeking and simply gave us the impression that he would do whatever he possibly could to ensure his guests had a pleasant experience. That kind of customer service is worth far more than any fancy hotel facade. Next time we're in Sarnia, we know where we'll stay.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed June 15, 2010

I stayed at Super 8 in March and really liked the hotel. Staff provided me the exceptional cusotmer service and very clean rooms. Also received a call from GM to check on the hotel stay as she seems to be customer service oriented. Food at the Wagg's restaurant was great as well and received discount. I would recommend this hotel to each and every person.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 18, 2010

Very well located. I booked my room through Travelocity. When I arrived I was told that my room had just been carpet cleaned and there were three fans in the room in order to help dry the carpeting. I didn't mind and went to my room. It had a fresh clean smell to it. After an hour or so I couldn't stand the smell of the product they used to clean the carpet. My throat was irritated and my eyes were tearing. I asked for another room and was told that they were all booked. Not having any choice I decided to keep the room but it was unbearable.
I contacted Travelocity but had a problem solving the problem.
The evening desk clerk, Sean, knocked on my door and admitted that the smell was very strong. He fixed me up with another room that was already booked but not checked in yet.
He was a great help and I was happy to move to another room.
By the way, the restaurant in the same building, Wagg's, has excellent food. The Chicken Parmagiana was extraordinary.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2009

My son and I stayed there the day before he was starting college at Lambton.
It's a basic motel, good for a short stay.
Clean with no-frills.
Staff were courteous.
Breakfast "buffet" was the the most basic I've every come across.
I normally stay at the Holiday Inn, but for the purposes of this trip I couldn't justify the additional $50.

• Stayed: September 2009
Reviewed July 7, 2009

Although basic, this Super 8 was *very* clean, comfortable and quiet, and the staff were helpful and friendly. I will certainly stay there again, and would not hesitate to recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed February 27, 2009

Staff as great, facilities were typical for the chain. Location was a $12 cab ride from the train station.
I was arriving late by train and called ahead to ask if that was a problem and ask that my room be on the 2nd floor. No problem with either request but the second floor has some smoking rooms so they were kind enough to put me in the non-smoking room the furthest from the smokers and I couldn't smell a thing once in my room.
Breakfast in the morning was also the usual. Check out was fast and easy.
There's a McDonald's right across the street and a restaurant downstairs (no time to try the restaurant).

Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2008

We made our reservations by telephone, after reading the reviews. We arrived to a warm welcome , by friendly staff, in an inviting lobby, where tea and coffee was available. Our our room was ready, clean, cozy and inviting. The bed was clean, the linen crisp, the bathroom well equipped with necessities and the room large and comfortable, with extra table with 2 chairs, a fridge, and a coffee maker, in addition to the rather standard TV only.

Stayed: October 2008