“Great hotel for the price. The rooms are clean, the staff...”
Review of Super 8 Sarnia ON

Super 8 Sarnia ON
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Sarnia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Langton
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband and I love to spend our time in Sarnia and of course we always stay at the Super 8 on Christina St. Maria, the lady at the desk during the week is amazing and always soooo helpful and friendly.
Most of our stays are better than average. This past weekend turned out less than favourable. Room was great, etc.
However, my husband and I were a bit disappointed for a couple of reasons. They may seem trivial, but did factor in to our being comfortable. When we arrived on Saturday, we went to the motel to see if our room was ready. No one was at the front desk so my husband called on the phone, we were rudely told that no one gets their room before 3 p.m. which we are aware of but thought we would try. The man told my husband they were doing a major cleaning and no one was allowed in any rooms. That's fine but he didn't even come out to tell us. Also there was absolutely no activity in any rooms to our acknowledge. I returned 3 times more that day and still no one at the desk. I finally seen someone at 5 p.m.
The lady then told me I couldn't have a room because my card had been denighed. When in fact someone had written down the wrong number. This was embarrassing because others were standing in the lobby and heard her.
We were give room 117, when we had asked for 119 and were told it was empty for Saturday night. When we got there we were told the people who had it Friday night decided to stay and that they wanted to stay in that room. That's fine, but I remember one time we stayed, decided to stay a 3rd night and had to move. Why are some treated different than others.
One thing I must remember also is not to ever have any of those 3 front rooms, especially in the winter time. I know it is no ones fault on the weather, but to remove snow with either blade or shovel at 6 a.m. when someone is sleeping and on holidays and is then waken up because the noise was so loud.
Also one last thing, when someone is being trained, make sure they know which rooms are empty and when. The last morning again we were awakened by someone trying to open our door. Thank goodness I put the bar across at night or they would have barged right in on us.
Will we come again? Of course! Why? Overal it is a nice place to stay. Some bad experiences don't out weigh the majority of really good experiences that happen more often.
Again I would really like to thank Marie for her friendly and helpful manner. She is a gem.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Travelers also viewed these Sarnia hotels
Quality Inn Sarnia
Comfort Inn
#5 of 16 in Sarnia
Holiday Inn Sarnia Hotel & Conf Center
Hampton Inn by Hilton Sarnia/Point Edward

Been to Super 8 Sarnia ON? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Sarnia ON

Property: Super 8 Sarnia ON
Address: 420 Christina St N, Sarnia, Ontario N7T 5W1, Canada
Location: Canada > Ontario > Sarnia
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Wheelchair access
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Sarnia
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Sarnia ON 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Super 8 Sarnia ON reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Motel - Sarnia Hotel Sarnia