“ideal for price” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Sarnia
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“ideal for price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2011

Stayed for four nights- should have been five, I was over for a wedding, but I had to leave early to get transport to Detroit Metro to connect to Newark then on to England. Rooms were big, clean & it was not noisy & my room was on the main road! Breakfast was fine. All the staff friendly. I can't really complain & would use it again if I ever am back in Sarnia

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
      Location
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Super8Sarnia, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Sarnia ON, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to welcome you in our hotel in the near future.

Julie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

Stayed here overnight on route as part of two day driving trip. Easy to find and met our needs (barely) for overnight stop with late arrival, early departure, low price ($80). Non-smoking room smelled of smoke. AC worked and it was 30C/90F outdoors. Breakfast was better than we expected with bagels, cereal offered.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Super8Sarnia, General Manager at Super 8 Sarnia ON, responded to this review, September 15, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time and writing your review. I want you to know that comments like yours help us improve our services & product.

Guest feedback is extremely important to us.

I hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Kiran Khaira,
Super 8 - Sarnia
Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

Stayed here for two nights recently...no cleaning took place after the first night, not even a fresh towel dropped off...

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

I apologize for the experience you had at our hotel. I want you to know that we have taken your comments on board and will utilize your review to help us improve our service.

I would like to mention that if you have a DND sign on the door, your room will not be made up. However, should you wish a fresh set of towels outside of housekeeping hours, please do not hesitate to contact our reception staff who will immediatley provide you with a set.

Thank you very much for your review and we appreciate your input.

Julie

Travelers are raving about these Sarnia hotels

Windsor, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

I spent one night there visiting friends a couple of weeks ago and had an enjoyable stay. The room was clean and spacious, well equipped with a microwave, small refrigerator, and a medium-sized color TV with cable. It had complementary wireless Internet as well. No frills like a pool or hot tub were included. It did include a modest continental breakfast the following morning.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Kelowna, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

This place wasn't any 8th wonder of the world but it was good enough and the price was right! I think it was $79+tax. The front desk folks were friendly and its right across the road from a McD's haha Not much else to say... it was clean, comfy, a good sleep, but a little dated.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Whitby
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2011

My husband and I stayed for two nights (June 30th & July 1st, 2011). We had our daughter and two chihuahuas with us. The staff were extremely friendly and it appeared that everyone working there loved animals. The only negative is that the carpets were in need of a good cleaning. Otherwise our overall experience was very positive.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Brantford, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2011

This was our families first experience with a Super 8 Motel and let me say never again. I had booked this hotel for 2 nights on Priceline "Name Your Own Price" and still did not get value for our money. After booking on Priceline, I called the hotel in advance (over 1 month) to ensure we would have a non-smoking room with two beds to acomodate two adults/two children. I was ensured that I would have a suite with a sofa bed and even given a specific room (Room 122). Upon arrival just two hours prior to my sons first lacrosse game, we were informed that our room had been given away to someone staying for an extended period of time. I asked why I had not been informed of this in advance but the clerk had no answers. The clerk informed us there were no other options as the hotel was booked solid. She did offer a cot to be placed in the room so we thought we would give it a try. The room was small and left very little room for movement due to the cot. The quality of the cot was something your would expect to find in a third world country. The bed mattress was worn out and sagging. We all awoke the next day with sore backs. Even though I had payed for the Hotel with Priceline in advance, my family was so tired and miserable that we decided to leave before spending another night. We reported our intensions to the front desk. The clerk was nice enough but offered very little in way of a solution other than she would report this to her manager.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family