WE were in Sarnia for a soccer tournament this weekend May 8-9 .
As previously posted the hotel was nice the staff friendly. But the Militant security they had was over the top as team We always stay in a holiday were possible approx 14 nights a year we have never had a problem We were there with a team of 11-12 year old and they could not move through the hotel without security stopping them and harassing them. This started at 2 pm on Saturday in the afternoon they couldn't sit in the hallways, they couldn't use the computer room, they were not aloud to go from room to room , they had to have there shirts on on the way to the pool .they couldn't flip the latch to keep the doors open
I don't know if the security staff just didn't like kids or what......!
So when we realized what we were up against we decided that with the weather as bad as it was that we would check out the cost to rent a board room were the kids could watch the Pens and Habs play it took them 2 hours to back to me and then when they did .I was shocked they wanted us to pay an additional $186.00 plus gratuity to use a room that was already empty .
I would not recommend this hotel for anyone traveling with kids there is nothing except for a pool no games rooms , and with there security there no fun either
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel In Sarnia Offers Quality Service With beautiful views of the marina and the comforts of home, you can expect a relaxing stay at the Holiday Inn Sarnia Hotel and Conference Center in Point Edward, ON. Our hotel's convenient location is 10 km from Sarnia Chris Hadfield Airport (YZR). From the Point Edward Charity Casino to Centennial Park, numerous attractions surround our hotel's guests. In Sarnia, you can visit the Sarnia Sports & Entertainment Center, see a show at the Imperial Theatre or shop at Lambton Mall. Golfers can enjoy a game at our own 9-hole Holiday Inn Golf Course or one of the many greens throughout Sarnia. Lodging here is also beneficial for business travelers working with Aamjiwnaang First Nations, Ontario Power Generation, UWO Research Park, Chemical Valley, the Canadian Coast Guard and more. Our hotel's amenities include over 12,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, business suites and a 24-hour business centre to meet your corporate needs. We go beyond other hotels in Sarnia to bring you the comforts of home, such as the on-site Bridges Bistro and Freightor's Lounge, an indoor and an outdoor pool, a hot tub, a sauna and a fitness centre. Our Sarnia hotel's rooms feature work areas with free high-speed Internet access, large TVs, spacious layouts and beautiful views. We are also 4 Green Keys - Environmentally! You'll enjoy a comfortable stay at the Holiday Inn hotel- Sarnia.Local pictures courtesy of TSL. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn Sarnia Hotel & Conf Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Sarnia Hotel & Conf Sarnia
- Holiday Inn Sarnia Hotel And Conf Center
- Sarnia Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Sarnia Hotel & Conf Center Ontario