“Great hotel ” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Sarnia
Oshawa, ON, Canada
“Great hotel ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

I inspected room at this hotel and yes the room was in the older section but has been renovated - second floor balcony.
I am very impressed. Very clean.
The front desk staff are very professional and friendly.
I do not understand the negative complaints regarding the rooms.
Unless people book the lower room expecting to be upgraded to tower.
And yes the west wing is being renovated.
Overall this in my opinion is much better than the hotel next door we are currently staying at.
There is no comparison in restaurant food or service much better at holiday inn

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank aturtl
Geoff E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarnia Hotel & Conf Center, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Your many positive comments are much appreciated. All of our team members take pride in providing a genuine friendly experience as well as a clean and comfortable stay. Thank you for the reccomendation and we look forward to serving you soon!

Geoff Eisenbraun, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

At first it was not so good. They booked my wife and I down a hall that was being painted and got a bunch on my favorite sweater from our anniversary. I told them what had happened. So they then upgraded our room with a discount and took my sweater, cleaned it and had it back in the room after we returned from supper. Wow. This was not our first stay and won't be the last.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
George Clan,
Thank you for sharing your experience with your fellow travellers. It was unfortunately that we caused your favorite sweater to get paint on it. I am happy that we could clean it to your satisfaction and that you could enjoy the rest of your stay. We all look forward to your return!

Toronto, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stopped for a quick overnight stay in June 2014. Beds were very comfortable, room was clean but the whole room needs a refresh. The bathroom area/door was circa 1970/1980 while some of the superficial stuff in the washroom/bedroom were refreshed most of the room felt old/dated. Carpets in hotel rooms gross me out, I recommended removing the carpet and changing with laminate or tile this way it can be cleaned daily. Old carpets traps odours that provide a first impression upon entering the room. Overall reception was friendly but would've appreciated complimentary breakfast as most hotels (especially Holiday Inn) provide.

Room Tip: Ask for new section?
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sarnia Hotel & Conf Center, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear Sarahboh,

Thank you for choosing us on your recent travel. We are very glad you found our hotel clean and spacious. On the other hand, it is unfortunate that the overall condition of the room was not to your liking. We take all reviews seriously and we thank you for highlighting some areas that we can improve on.

We would love for you to stay with us again when you return to Auburn when you can enjoy all our amenities.

Warm Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
St Catharines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I call to book a room in the tower only, was told I had a room in the tower which is suppose to be newer. When I got found out my room was in the old section not a great room 159 right next to all the maintance rooms. Wasn't that clean, show it age, bed was not great, woke up with a bad back. Front desk was not helpful and try to tell me I did not call their but I when back to my room and use my phone and called the number on the my paper and front desk pick up not expedita, I was so mad, no micowave in room which I ask for also. Front desk staff in the night and morning was not helpful. I try to get the manager but got machine saying they will call back no phone call back. Worse experience at Holiday Inn, breakfast was the best thing that happen at the restaurant and I have taste better, down the street. If I had known that I would not get what I ask for I would have book at a low end hotel. I paid enough for the room I could have save myself at least $40 to $50 at got the same kind of room. This has made me think again about staying at Holiday Inn hotels and I am a season traveller. I am sure I will enjoy my stay for the next two nights down the street. They know how to treat their customers. I will never stay at this hotel again. Customer Service is not good.

Room Tip: Make sure you check out other places first
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank 530Wedding
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sarnia Hotel & Conf Center, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear 530Wedding,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the room assignment prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

The Holiday Inn in Sarnia has been my selected staying place for years.
The quality of service is always excellent and the restaurant is truely excellent.
It is always a surprise to people that we recomend that a Holiday Inn has such good food.

Room Tip: Cheaper in the older section but for upscale go into the tower
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Bernard W
Geoff E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarnia Hotel & Conf Center, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you for writing such a wonderful review about our service and the great food in our restaurant Bridges. It is also great to have you back in the hotel again as we appreciate you choosing to stay with us over so many years. We all look forward to being of service to you again soon.

Toronto, ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

This hotel has the small city charm from the moment you walk in. We were warmly greeted by the front desk clerk who was knowledgeable friendly and happy to make our stay the best it could be. The rooms themselves are clean but not pristine. The bathroom could use updating but was ok. I would have expected more for the price I paid.
In short, the service and the staff deserve a 100% but the facility gets an 85%.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Geoff E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarnia Hotel & Conf Center, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Perpetusmile,
What a wonderful review! Many thanks for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay with us.
We are constantly upgrading the facility and will begin some large scale renovations within the next 12-18 months. I will certainly pass along your very nice comments regarding the employee experience to the Team. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you back again soon.

Stratford, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Last week-end I spent an evening at this location and was not disappointed. You can always depend upon a Holiday Inn as they tend to maintain all of their locations as well as train their staff to be courteous and helpful.As well the breakfast in the cafe was standard fair but a good dollar value. For the price that is paid I would say that you get your money's worth. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Geoff E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarnia Hotel & Conf Center, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Hi Mertoni,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for letting others know that you feel your weekend experience at the hotel was a great value!! It was also nice to read that you enjoyed the level of service from the staff and found them to be friendly and efficient. We look forward to being of service to you again soon.

Geoff Eisenbraun, CHA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sarnia
Hampton Inn by Hilton Sarnia/Point Edward
Comfort Inn
#5 of 16 in Sarnia
4.0 of 5 stars 81 reviews
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Port Huron

Been to Holiday Inn Sarnia Hotel & Conf Center? Share your experiences!