I recently travelled to Sarnia for business. Everyone had told us that the Holiday Inn was the best hotel in town. Upon arriving at the hotel we were given rooms in the old part of the building. The room smelled like smoke, there was a dirty wash cloth hanging in the shower, there was a half used bottle of shampoo in the shower, the tissue box was empty, the tub was dirty, and the shower curtain was held together by safety pins. When we called down to the desk they said that there was nothing else available and that there rooms were "just old" and there was nothing they could do. The staff did not seem to care that our rooms were disgusting. On the second night, we were able to move to the new wing. The new wing is what is shown in all of the pictures. These rooms are what you expect a Holiday Inn to have. They were clean and spacious. On the third night of our stay, they were going to move us back into the old wing of the hotel. We ended up leaving the hotel rather than spend another night there.
To be honest, I'm not sure how they call sell the old rooms and call themselves a Holiday Inn. The old rooms are terrible. If you can not get into the new wing of the hotel you are better off staying at one of the other hotels in town. They call the new wing "The Tower".
I was disappointed with the quality of the hotel and the lack of response from the staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel In Sarnia Offers Quality Service With beautiful views of the marina and the comforts of home, you can expect a relaxing stay at the Holiday Inn Sarnia Hotel and Conference Center in Point Edward, ON. Our hotel's convenient location is 10 km from Sarnia Chris Hadfield Airport (YZR). From the Point Edward Charity Casino to Centennial Park, numerous attractions surround our hotel's guests. In Sarnia, you can visit the Sarnia Sports & Entertainment Center, see a show at the Imperial Theatre or shop at Lambton Mall. Golfers can enjoy a game at our own 9-hole Holiday Inn Golf Course or one of the many greens throughout Sarnia. Lodging here is also beneficial for business travelers working with Aamjiwnaang First Nations, Ontario Power Generation, UWO Research Park, Chemical Valley, the Canadian Coast Guard and more. Our hotel's amenities include over 12,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, business suites and a 24-hour business centre to meet your corporate needs. We go beyond other hotels in Sarnia to bring you the comforts of home, such as the on-site Bridges Bistro and Freightor's Lounge, an indoor and an outdoor pool, a hot tub, a sauna and a fitness centre. Our Sarnia hotel's rooms feature work areas with free high-speed Internet access, large TVs, spacious layouts and beautiful views. We are also 4 Green Keys - Environmentally! You'll enjoy a comfortable stay at the Holiday Inn hotel- Sarnia.Local pictures courtesy of TSL. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Sarnia Hotel & Conf Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Sarnia Hotel & Conf Sarnia
- Holiday Inn Sarnia Hotel And Conf Center
- Sarnia Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Sarnia Hotel & Conf Center Ontario