We stayed at this hotel this past weekend for my son's lacrosse tournament. The hotel had just been renovated but we were assured renovations would be complete before we arrived. Unfortunately, due to some unforseen circumstances, a few things were behind and they were still putting some of the rooms together as we arrived. As with every new opening, there were some glitches and a few things not completed but they were minor and the hotel owner and staff more than made up for it. The rooms were on the smallish side (fine for 4 people or 5 if the children are small) but they were lovely, very clean and well appointed. Everything is new, including the beds which were very comfortable. The hotel is attached to a sports bar with a band on weekends but, thanks to concrete (not drywall) walls throughout the hotel, this was the soundest and quietest we have all slept away from home - my kids did not wake up until 8:30, which is unheard of for them. The breakfast area was not ready but we were given Tim Hortons gift certificates and they brought in doughnuts and muffins in the morning from the Timmy's directly across the street. They had granola bars and cereal bars as well as juice available for the kids, all day in the lobby. The hotel backs onto two large baseball diamonds, which was a great space for my kids to run around, play soccer and lacrosse and tag. The hotel is in a terrific location - 5 minutes from the main arena in town, 2 minutes from a fairly inexpensive water park and it is adjascent to a driving range (with very cool automated tees) and a horse track/casino. It is close to lots of great shoppin as well. From Sue at the front desk to Larry the manager, you will not find a nicer hotel staff. The hotel was a great find and a great value.
Property: Howard Johnson Inn SarniaAddress: 1716 London Line, Sarnia, Ontario N7T 7H2, Canada
Location: Canada > Ontario > Sarnia
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Sarnia
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Howard Johnson Inn Sarnia 2.5*
Number of rooms: 49
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Please pay pets fee is $25 at check-in because its not included the price ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn Sarnia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Inn Sarnia Hotel Sarnia
- Howard Johnson Inn Sarnia Ontario