I am currently staying at this hotel for at least 2 weeks and will probably be back after a weekend for another 1-2 weeks. The hotel location is fine and from the outside it might look a little dated but on the inside the renovations are very nice. The staff is great and after a mix-up from my travel agency, my room was switched to what I had asked for with no problem. I'm a service technician and work on the road and sleep in hotels about 80% of the year. I do agree with what others said about the doors being old and all plus carrying a key is a little more complicated than a card key but if you rate the hotel low for that reason then you probably are a little too complicated. The breakfast room is very nice and the continental breakfast is not superb but it does the job very well. Rooms are clean and well-furnished for the price of the rooms. Wi-Fi internet works great and is easy to connect to. I have nothing wrong to say in general for this hotel.
Now here is some advice for Howard Johnson from someone that stays in A LOT of hotels:
The card that is on the night stand for the bed linen service is a great idea but Howard Johnson goes about it the wrong way. Instead of asking me to put that card on the bed to tell you that I don't need to get the linens change, you should do like most of the other hotels do and change the linens every 4 days except if the person puts the card on the bed. It's a hassle to remember to put the card every day because I'm environmentally friendly
For an environmentally friendly hotel, you should supply a small recycle bin like many hotels do.
I would look into serving a hot breakfast like many hotels are switching to because it will attract a lot of customers such as myself who will stay for a few days to a few weeks and also it is proven that it will attract regular one day customers over competitors with the continental breakfast.
It was just a few ideas for what I like in a hotels when I stay at them.
All in all I'm very happy at the moment with everything at this hotel and would recommend it without a problem to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Please pay pets fee is $25 at check-in because its not included the price ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn Sarnia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Inn Sarnia Hotel Sarnia
- Howard Johnson Inn Sarnia Ontario