“Amazing Place with an Awesome View!”

Queenston Heights Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Queenston
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2017

My wife and I arrived here (unknowingly) close to closing time. We didn't even know that this restaurant was so near the Brock Monument and were pleasantly surprised.
The dining hall is a large, open space which has one wall of windows that look over the Niagara River. The view is spectacular! Try to get a table by the window.
The patio was closed but it looked VERY inviting. Hopefully, the next time we will get a spot on the patio with a view of the river!
The wait staff were extraordinarily friendly and knowledgeable. We weren't aware that we had arrived so late until the dessert was served and we only found out as I had asked if the place was always this quiet!
They locally source as much of the food as they can and, if it cannot be found locally, they try to go with Canadian sources (the lobster for their grilled cheese comes from our East Coast.) The wines are all local but I don't know about the beers.
My wife did have the butter-poached lobster grilled cheese and she enjoyed it but found that there was too much butter and not enough lobster; somewhat disappointing for her.
I had the Tecumseh Platter and it was delicious! The duck was cooked perfectly.
For dessert, we shared the caramel apple cheesecake spring rolls and it was superb. The chantilly cream, warm chocolate and berries just made a wonderful thing even better!
In my opinion, this restaurant is under-advertised, overlooked and is a hidden gem!
I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Reviewed September 2, 2017 via mobile

Due to traffic my wife and I missed a bus connection on our way to Niagara On The Lake. We saw this restaurant across the way and decided to give it a try.
We were seated on the patio with a lovely view.
The waitress, Marie, brought our menus and informed that much of the food was locally sourced, some from a small garden close by the restaurant.
The soup du jour was mulligatawny and on Marie's recommendation, we each ordered a cup. It was delicious! Paired with roasted beet salad, also tasty, it made for a delightful lunch and left us with just enough appetite (and room) for a scrumptious berry crumble topped with vanilla ice cream.
After a pleasant chat with Marie, we paid our bill and spent some time enjoying the grounds, soaking up the history and admiring Brock Monument.
In summary, this restaurant has a beautiful setting, a friendly helpful staff and offers delicious food at reasonable prices.
If we weren't leaving Niagara tomorrow morning, we would be there for lunch.

Reviewed August 25, 2017

I was here with a group &, as we had only 3 choices of entrees, I cannot comment on the menu or prices. What most impressed us all was the awesome view of the Niagara River thru the large windows. Our friendly & upbeat servers did their best to make us welcome & all of our food was good.

Reviewed August 18, 2017

My wife and I had lunch here and were thoroughly satisfied. I had called a week earlier to make a reservation and was told that one was not needed because the patio dining area was rarely full during lunch. This is likely because the restaurant is located near the end of the bus route for the Niagara Falls attractions. An interesting variety of foods on the menu and very reasonably priced. Eating on the covered patio was a pleasant and relaxing experience.

Reviewed August 17, 2017

Four of us stopped in for lunch. Menu was quite interesting with lots of original choices. Two of use tried the grilled lobster and cheese sandwich. Although slightly greasy, it was quite tasty and filling. Sides were very good, using local produce. The best was the Quail with a local wine reduction. They also had Salmon on a vegetable risotto. All four of use enjoyed the food. The wine selection was extensive featuring products from local wineries. They offered us a sample of a particular bottle prior to making a decision. Apart from the food, the setting of the restaurant is expansive with lots of manicured lawns and a view overlooking the Niagara River. Reservations is a must and there is ample parking. Definitely worth a second visit in the near future. One has to check when they are open since diners can be exposed to the elements.