I can't understand the hostility of some the comments on this site. The place is a delight, enjoying an idyllic setting in the historic town of Queenston, and within easy walking distance of landmark sites related to the War of 1812, among them the Laura Secord Homestead and the towering Brock Monument.
I stay in the annex across the street from the historic inn itself, and the accommodation is wonderful — nicely furnished rooms, very comfortable beds, adequate lighting, wireless internet access, an excellent choice of television channels, and an efficient heating and air conditioning the system. The bathrooms too are excellently equipped, and the housekeeping is friendly ans conscientious.
The hotel, operated by an elderly German couple who have been there for three decades, has its eccentricities. No land-line telephones in the rooms, no immediate on-line booking, a quaint room in the main building which functions as combination reception area, kitchen and breakfast room. But to me, all this is again part of its charming distinctiveness. Room prices are moderate by the standards of the Niagara area, and breakfast at $5 is a real bargain: a choice of scrambled eggs or French Toast, plus juice and as many cups of good coffee as you want.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Landing Inn, circa 1827, features the quiet, unspoiled charm of a country inn situated in the quaint, historical village of Queenston.Nestled in one of Canada's most popular tourist destinations we are surrounded by history, only minutes from the world renowned Shaw Festival Theatre, fine and casual dining, music, vineyards and wine tours in Niagara-on-the-Lake.Sightseeing and historic sites abound in Queenston and along the Niagara River Parkway.A leisurely drive in the other direction on the Parkway takes you to Niagara Falls and all its breathtaking beauty, excitement and fun activities.If you are interested in more physical activities, you will find fishing, boating, golfing and just steps away, the extensive Niagara Parkway's bicycle / walking / nature trail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your South Landing Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Landing Hotel Queenston
- South Landing Inn Queenston, Ontario, Canada