We stayed one night at this pleasant inn, we were an "overflow" from the Best Western Hotel in Niagara on the Lake (NOTL,) which is just a short distance away. It is situated in a small village called Queenston off the main road in a very quiet part of Ontario. However the Niagara Falls are just a short drive away but do not affect the place at all. Queenston is an historic part of Canada and seems to be very pro British. The Inn is sort walk down to the Niagara river across which is the United States of America. The border by car is about one mile away.
We arrived very early at about 10 o'clock in the morning a were very pleased that our room for the evening was ready for us. It was a beautiful room in the old part of the Inn, scrupulously clean, beautifully furnished overlooking the gardens at the rear of the building. There was a large king size bed masses of drawers and a substantial cupboard for hanging clothes up. The price of the room was CAN$125 per night, with a discount if you stay more than two nights.
There was no tea or coffee facilities in the room, but you can buy a cup for CAN$1, which will be served in a proper mug and not in a throwaway cup. This was the cheapest we found in Canada by some considerable amount. Breakfast was served if you wished to buy it. We had fruit juice and two rounds of French Toast for $5 each, cheaper than Tim Hortons (a very good fast food chain throughout Canada) .
We found the owners to be very nice people indeed, always helpful with many good suggestions of where to go and what to do.
There are not many bars or restaurants in Queenston but NOTL is just a taxi ride away, and you could probably save more than that by stopping in Queeston rather than the up market higher price NOTL.
We really liked the South Landing Inn it was definitely a hidden gem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Landing Inn, circa 1827, features the quiet, unspoiled charm of a country inn situated in the quaint, historical village of Queenston.Nestled in one of Canada's most popular tourist destinations we are surrounded by history, only minutes from the world renowned Shaw Festival Theatre, fine and casual dining, music, vineyards and wine tours in Niagara-on-the-Lake.Sightseeing and historic sites abound in Queenston and along the Niagara River Parkway.A leisurely drive in the other direction on the Parkway takes you to Niagara Falls and all its breathtaking beauty, excitement and fun activities.If you are interested in more physical activities, you will find fishing, boating, golfing and just steps away, the extensive Niagara Parkway's bicycle / walking / nature trail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your South Landing Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Landing Hotel Queenston
- South Landing Inn Queenston, Ontario, Canada