“A hidden jem in Peterborough, Ontario.”
Review of Saporita Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Saporita Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“A hidden jem in Peterborough, Ontario.”
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Last night we dined at Saporito's restaurant in Peterborough. This restaurant is hidden in a parking lot between Charlotte and Hunter Streets west of George Street. This is one fabulous restaurant that you should not miss. First of all, the cocktails are more generous than others served in the entire city. The wine list will please everyone. There is an extensive list of starters. We chose to share the coconut shrimp. They were large and succulent and probably the best we have ever eaten. For our mains, we each had an order of rack of lamb. This lamb is coated with a secret focacia bread crumb covering, and it too has to be the best we have ever eaten. If you like lamb, please phone ahead and order it, for it is not always available. The portions are large and there are abundant tasty vegetables or pasta served with the mains. For dessert, we shared a chocolate mocha cake. My mouth is still watering. Don't miss this restaurant. For weekly dining or a special occasion, it is easily the best restaurant in the entire area. This is definitely a 5 star restaurant, and the only one in Peterborough. Come and enjoy!

1 Thank doc55525

Ennismore, Canada
“very rude owner!”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

would never eat here based solely on one experience with the owner. Very curt and rude. Didn't want to give me a cup of ice unless I paid for it!

Visited June 2012
2 Thank amjoy373
Ontario
“Terrible food!”
Reviewed February 5, 2012

I had dinner at Saporito a couple of weeks ago, and although the ambiance was lovely, the food was terrible. It is an Italian restaurant but the pasta is very bland. The pesto was completely overwhelmed by garlic -- it took me days to get the garlic out of my system -- and the chicken breast was overcooked. There was actually water in the bottom of my dish. The service was also not great. Overall, I was very disappointed with this restaurant. There are many much better places to eat in Peterborough.

1 Thank Colicita
peterborough, ontario, canada
“Crappy service, food just ok.”
Reviewed February 13, 2011

There were only about 3 other couples when we arrived on the Saturday night before Valentine's Day-now I know why. The service was horrible. Everything she did or didn't do screamed "I don't care". She was dressed sloppily, did not introduce herself, sat us next to the bathroom in an almost empty restaurant; totally unnecessary. When she brought over the wine for tasting, she completely ignored the taster and what they thought. She served the wrong beer, a smaller number of appetizers than what was ordered and when my friend commented on the type of rice she was supposed to be served she adamantly stated it was the right type when all of us knew something was off.

Poor service, OK food, lousy atmosphere but good evening because we went with great friends.

• Visited February 2011
1 Thank juliesokolowski
Peterborough, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“it's actually Saporito's.....”
Reviewed November 23, 2009

PLEASE get the name right because this is one of our favourite restaurants in town! The staff is wonderful and usually remembers your name each time you come back. Their daily specials are always inventive and super yummy and it's impossible to leave still hungry! I'd kill for their spinach ravioli and squash tortellini! YUM! It's a quiet, relaxing, unpretentious and romantic place to dine!

1 Thank Staceyk68