“Blown away by the wonderful service & absolutely delicious food!”
Review of Shish-Kabob Hut - CLOSED

Shish-Kabob Hut
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Well...About 8 months ago I read the negative reviews on this restaurant and decided against going for dinner. Most comments were negative & basically claimed that this establishment should not have been featured on the Food Network.

I am a bit embarrassed to say that I believed these claims & didn't give the restaurant or the food a chance.

WAS I WRONG!!!

Tonight, my boyfriend and I decided on a whim to try out this so called Shish-Kabob Hut and we were BLOWN AWAY. The service was excellent - very informative on menu items, friendly, hospitable ( we entered the restaurant 40 minutes before closing & they were happy to take on another table ) & an all-round good customer service experience.

NOWW..... for the food! DELISH! I had the pork kabobs and my boyfriend had the lamb. They were both cooked to perfection with equally as delicious side dishes and homemade feta/pepper dip to start!

I highly recommend this establishment to any and all visitors/residents of the Peterborough area & cant wait to return for another meal!

4  Thank Jessica G
There are newer reviews for Shish-Kabob Hut

Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

I have only eaten here once, was a little pricey, food was good. Really love their red pepper feta spread, go in periodically just to pick up this spread to take home.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I really like the food here. The salad, potatoes, rice but mostly the meat!! The atmosphere could use an update but the food is so delicious! This place is reasonably priced delicious Greek food. It is probably one of my favorite lunch places.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

My husband and I used our Festival Card at the Shish-Kabob Hut and we were not disappointed. I had the delicious and tender chicken shish kabob with rice and it was delicious! My husband had the pork shish kabob with the potatoes and I wish I had gotten the potatoes because a small taste of his wasn't enough. They were soooo good! The waitress was friendly and kind without being pushy or overbearing. The red house wine - Apelia was the perfect accompaniement as well. We will definetly be back and would highly recommend it. My only suggestion for them is to do something with the downstairs basement..dark and dingey and dank smelling..like an old fruit cellar!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

This was our first time visiting the Shish-Kabob hut and we'll definitely be going back! Quality of food: the mini beef and lamb kabob's were plenty of food after a couple of apps. The meat was high quality and cooked perfectly. Came with lots of delicious potatoes/rice and salad as sides. Minor heads up, the Kalamata olives app is too much for 2 and looked straight from the jar. A drizzle of olive oil would have gone miles!
Atmosphere: cozy and traditional. Your choice of table or booth, or sit at the bar. Greek themed music and decor. The decor was kind of busy, but well appointed. Bathrooms are downstairs.
Service: Great! Quiet night when we were there but the service was timely and not excessive. Our server was experienced and gave great menu recommendations. If you want to have the chef at your table order the flaming cheese. Overall fantastic service.
This hidden gem deserves great press. Not right in the "restaurant district" but well worth the extra 5 minute walk from downtown.