“Delicious Peking pasta with shrimp!”

Brio Gusto Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 325 Restaurants in Peterborough
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I have been here for lunch several times in the last year. Today the food was just outstanding. I had the Peking pasta with shrimp. I devoured every morsel! Very nice lunch and the server was friendly and efficient. Didn't appear too busy at all. Last time I had the green pasta, it was good but the Peking was really something special!

1  Thank aprillawton
There are newer reviews for Brio Gusto Restaurant

Reviewed November 30, 2012

This is a typical pub with a a fairly wide selection of food and beverages. I just didn't get a great vibe from the place.

1  Thank CanadianCycleTravel
Reviewed November 24, 2012

This place is just good. I agree with some other reviewers that the service could have been a fair bit quicker, but we weren't in any hurry and enjoyed a drink while we waited. Great food, nice service, friendly calm atmosphere. Top notch. Haven't had a better meal at this price point, (though plenty that matched it).

Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband and I took out our neighbours for dinner and had never tried this restaurant before. The atmosphere is very nice - wood floors - large bar - high ceilings. We were seated immediately but were vitrually left alone for a good 10-15 minutes before even our drink order was taken. The beer arrived luke warm - I understand that this is the way European's serve beer but here in Canada we like it ice cold! Another ten minutes pass before our order is taken. My companions enjoyed there meals - the duck was delicious, the trout was terrific and the pasta was perfect - but the chicken was chewy! I ordered from the special menu for the evening - a chicken breast - it was dry and chewy. The curried pumpkin soup was a bit overpowered with spice and no other taste came thru. The coffee was delicious and we felt the price was very reasonable. The place was in no way busy - Tuesday night - and I felt the service or lack therefore would be a reason I would not return.

1  Thank cybersis007
Reviewed September 26, 2012

As an alternative to 38 degrees or Parkhill on Hunter, it is good value. The salmon I ordered was perfectly done, and service was excellent. I did note the rice was lukewarm, which they happily set right. Great selection, definitely recommend.