“Really? Not worth it.”

Ranked #35 of 332 Restaurants in Peterborough
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I had previously dined for lunch at "The Planet" and had a decent experience, quite enjoying the vegetarian fare and raving to my friend that we must go. So we did, today. Today, however, was unfortunate. The food was pretty tasty, but for $12, I had the quesadilla special, a quesadilla filled with chili potatoes, goat cheese, and spinach. There was hardly any filing at all, perhaps 8 leaves of baby spinach and the equivalent of 1/2 a small potato. The side salad could have been the mix from one of those supermarket containers, and wasn't even what I asked for. I would have noted this to the server, however, after receiving our food we did not see her again. Not even at the end of the meal. Never even did get to order a drink for my child. At the end, we were charged for bread that we didn't even order, eat, OR get with our meal, and had to get manager approval to have this charge removed. Ugh. disappointed.

2  Thank cobourgmama

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Love this place. Good solid tex mex food, great music, wonderful bread and super homemade soup. Perfect Saturday lunch spot.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Great lunch..wonderful staff. The Chile is especillay tasty and a full meal in itself. Fun place to eat and connect with people!!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We were visiting Peterborough for the day, and stopped in for a quick lunch. The service was so friendly and welcoming, I wish we lived closer so I could visit regularly. The menu looked wonderful. We had the soup of the day which was very good and the bread that came with it was delicious and fresh. It looks quite small from the outside but is in fact quite spacious, and while we visited, at about 1pm, was packed. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and look forward to visiting again when next in Peterborough.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I have always loved the food and the atmosphere at the Planet Bakery, but the past several times I have visited the service has been absolutely horrible! Food has taken forever to arrive, the server has been rude and even though there was only about 6 other people in the restaurant, a sandwich has taken over an hour to arrive. It was also a pain to wait about 15 minutes at the counter to pay for a disappointing meal. Want to return, but probably won't.