“Very friendly service, wonderful atmosphere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Planet Bakery

The Planet Bakery
Ranked #44 of 317 Restaurants in Peterborough
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Toronto
“Very friendly service, wonderful atmosphere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

We were visiting Peterborough for the day, and stopped in for a quick lunch. The service was so friendly and welcoming, I wish we lived closer so I could visit regularly. The menu looked wonderful. We had the soup of the day which was very good and the bread that came with it was delicious and fresh. It looks quite small from the outside but is in fact quite spacious, and while we visited, at about 1pm, was packed. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and look forward to visiting again when next in Peterborough.

• Visited January 2013

Peterborough, Canada
“very poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

I have always loved the food and the atmosphere at the Planet Bakery, but the past several times I have visited the service has been absolutely horrible! Food has taken forever to arrive, the server has been rude and even though there was only about 6 other people in the restaurant, a sandwich has taken over an hour to arrive. It was also a pain to wait about 15 minutes at the counter to pay for a disappointing meal. Want to return, but probably won't.

• Visited December 2012
“Very Peterborough!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

I grew up in Peterborough and every time I go back, this is a place I visit. The menu is short but filled with delicious food made with fresh ingredients. I especially love the soups but have never tried anything that wasn't well made here.

Peterborough, Canada
“Very Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

Planet bakery is delicious and unique... my favourite and a must try is the hummus, it has a wonderful garlic flavour.

Visited June 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

great food, fresh and socially responsible. A bit pricey for a sandwich until you see just how big it is. Love this place. A true gem in peterborough!

Visited August 2012