“Awesome Cheese Pate.”

St. Veronus Cafe And Tap Room
Ranked #4 of 318 Restaurants in Peterborough
Cuisines: Belgian, Bar, European, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Awesome Cheese Pate.”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

When I arrived I was a bit disappointed because I had wanted to order a shredded potato tart that was no longer on the menu. But the disappointment didn't last long because the food and beer was fantastic. I ordered mussels and the portion was huge with lots of sauce for dipping. I also ordered a fruit and cheese pate platter that was out of this world. I liked it enough that I tried to get some cheese to go so that my family could try it.

I will definitely stop here again on my next visit to Peterborough.

1 Thank Gummydani

Toronto, Canada
“Appears Brit style but is Belgian in essence”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is a cosy oldish style restaurant and bar in the downtown area with lots of charm and nice decor. The choices on the menu are quite reasonable in price and from my own and noticing other's plates, quite large. There is a large selection of draft ales and lagers but only one that is not European style - Canadian Wellington Ale. The food was well prepared, easy on the eyes and our server paid good attention to our needs and satisfaction. Certainly recomend this place to others.

1 Thank Torontax
Peterborough
“Amazing food, large portions, expansive beer menu - what more could you ask for?”
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

As a Peterborough native, St. V's is our go-to restaurant when we dine out. I've never been disappointed with a meal. As vegetarians, we're often faced with a lack of choice at most restaurants, but that is never the case here. They have a changing menu that always includes several delicious vegetarian options!

The portions are generous, the decor is warm and inviting, and the service is great. If you're into beer you'll love sampling their massive beer menu too!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank jaxswim
Ottawa, Canada
“Incredibly tasty experience!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Last weekend, we ate here TWICE, because it was soooo good! We glanced at the menu outside before embarking on our new adventure of Belgian food..at least that's what I think it was. As mentioned in previous reviews the food has unexpected twists which make it fun to experiment and well worth while. The space is an old bank conversion with dark wooden bar, tables, floors complete with 2 bank safes. The bar is a great place to sit-converse with bar tender and soak up the brew along with the ambiance of this great spot. The bar tenders and wait staff are extremely knowledgeable and friendly. The is a first for me and Belgian beer and I love it. There seems to be endless beer options from which to choose. The food is quite delicious and interesting. The prices are a bit high but well worth every penny.

1 Thank MoiraG120
Yoho National Park, Canada
“OK prices for OK food.”
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Nothing exceptional. Just OK. We have been here several times because so many people told us it was a great restaurant.

Maybe we have a higher level of expectation when it comes to dining out. We just have never found it to be all that great plus the service is really, really slow.

• Visited May 2013