“Loud, overly crowded”

Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Food was okay, service was good at that time they allowed smoking at the bar. Soooooooo that's how long ago it was

There are newer reviews for St. Veronus Cafe And Tap Room

Reviewed November 15, 2012

They have brands of beer that I have never heard of. Great Belgian comfort food, or go for the appetizers and enjoy a beer in a casual laid back downtown Peterborough setting. Love this place.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Went there Saturday evening, ordered steak, a big mistake, (pardon the pun). It was the worst steak I have ever had.$ 26.00 wow what a rip off. Also ordered the pate tray, and I have had it many times and it was usually very good, not this time.

What happened??? was it a bad night??? or did they change kitchen staff??? I am not going to write it off totally, the beer is always good. With all the great choices of GOOD restaurants in Peterborough, (check my other reviews) I will not be going back real soon and I advise you to choose otherwise as well.

Happy eating!!!

RolandHosier, Owner at St. Veronus Cafe And Tap Room, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I am very sorry that your meal was not what you expected or up to the standard you have come to expect from us. We do our best to provide quality food and service but in your case failed to do so. I will be sharing your review with all the staff to try to improve our performance in the future. If you would be so kind, perhaps you could email me so I can arrange a full refund. roland.hosier@sympatico.ca
Thanks again for taking the time to comment.

Roland Hosier
Owner/Operator

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We went here for lunch after hearing many good things about this place. We ordered two sandwiches and pints, the portion size of the meals are big and fantastic. Can't wait to go back and try something else on the menu.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Had always heard wonderful things. Rumors Don’t lie! It’s always hard to choose what to have everything sounds and looks so good when coming out of the kitchen. The menu change often… making it a new experience every time we go! Service was great! the Waiter was so friendly! Will return soon! :)