“Ask them to prepare anything you order the way the Chef would want it served . . .”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Parkhill on Hunter - CLOSED

Parkhill on Hunter
Cuisines: French, American, Mediterranean, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Peterborough, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

We have another couple as friends with whom we have exchaged Christmas gifts forever. A number of years ago we all got tired of seeing yet another fancy candle and made a pact. We would take each other out for a fine dining experience as our gifts to each other. This generally guaranteed two great nights out. The couple paying the tab gets to pick the restaurant, then turn-about (no, Mickey D's has not yet happened). This year we took our friends to Parkhill on Hunter, a great fine dining establishment in Peterborough. The restaurant certainly didn't let us down. It seemed everyone had something different, but wow the food and service were truly extraordinary. I started with escargot served with puff pastry. The sauce was beyond words. My entree was lamb chops that I had the Chef prepare as per his own taste and that was the best decision I made all week! The wine list was pretty good and the prices quite reasonable. I can't wait to go back to enjoy this great Peterborough experience!

• Visited February 2014

Buckhorn, Canada
“WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

The last time we dined here was in the summer of 2011 and we were less than impressed with the quality of food served. Fast forward to today, the difference is amazing to say the least!!! The menu was extensive and very interesting and the food and presentation were wonderful!!! In addition, the ambiance is very warm and cozy and our waiter, John, was terrific! We took our time and were never rushed. I asked John if the chef had changed in the last three years and he said yes. My reply to that was that it was indeed obvious. I assumed that the new chef was a male but John informed me that their chef was a female…. kudos to her!! We dined with another couple and the verdict was unanimous - our experience was excellent in every way and would recommend this outstanding restaurant to anyone looking for ambiance, service and quality food.

• Visited February 2014
Port Hope, Canada
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

We all had something different from the menu. Everyone enjoyed their meal. Lovely setting and ambiance and we weren't rushed. Linen table cloths, soft music and candlelight. Will definitely come back.

• Visited January 2014
“Always great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Have since Vegetarian Phyllo pastry dish and asparagus soup. It was excellent. For desert had the creme brule. The restaurant is nicely decorated and is a great place to go for formal dining at a reasonable price. The menu is always diverse and they seem to source most of their food localy if possible. The staff is very friendly and always attentive

• Visited January 2014
Oshawa, Canada
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

10/10
Hard to get great food and great service in the same place. Specially at great value
Our server John was very knowledgable with his wines and made the specials sound mouth watering.
We had the baked bri with carmilized peaches and maple glaze to share and then the spinach and pine nut stuffed salmon and the duck (cooked to a perfect mid rare on both). Then we had to try there desserts as we heard they had a pastry chef that makes everything in house....amazing. We had the pecan toffee cake (to die for) and brownie a la mode (one of the best brownies I've had out anywhere).after our meal I had to talk to the owner, Emma. She is a very polite woman, I just had to tell her how good her resturant was. With two glasses of wine and tax our total was under 90$...amazing value.i also got to talk to there chef (james) [i work in the imdustry i like to chat with the chef if i get a chance to] i thanked him for dinner and ttold him it was wonderful, i asked him how he made the salmon so good, and that i would be taking to my resturant .Iwont eat anywhere else in Peterborough now as everywhere else taste so generic...iv found a place that has great service and great food (hard to find as i said before) once you've had the best there's no need to go anywhere else.
Parkhill on hunter I will be back :)

Visited October 2013