“This convneient downtown location not a good site for a patio...”
Review of Parkhill on Hunter - CLOSED

Parkhill on Hunter
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by an inn-keeper of an upscale inn on Rice Lake that we had visited the night before. Our first decision was to decide whether to eat indoors or el fresco. While there was an outdoor patio it overlooked the street and a Bell telephone parking lot across the road….not the finest of downtown locations! We did sit in the window and watched an amazing variety of people walk, jog, and drive past. We started with excellent soups – one off the menu (corn chowder) and the other a special – both were excellent. I had the special of the day - a seafood linguine and my wife a duck dish off the menu. Both were very good...not the best we have ever had, but still very good. The service was attentive and well-informed but neither overbearing nor too personal. Perhaps the best thing we can say is that we would return.

1  Thank Bob009

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I have lunch once a week at the Parkhill on Hunter, and it is always tasty, fresh and very affordable. Owner Emma Cox has created a warm and comfortable atmosphere and the service is always friendly, professional and attentive (but not overly-so, the perfect balance). The Parkhill on Hunter works hard to source from local growers. The bar is a great place to enjoy lunch on your own, or an appetizer and glass of wine in the evening (as I do with my husband). Very good value. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Shannon M
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Attentive and careful service. Excellent food. Loved it. Needed to be in and out within 90 min. Wished I had not had to rush it - just had to eat here - passing thru to Toronto.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Good atmosphere. Conveniently located in downtown Peterborough. Menu may be a bit pricey for some patrons but good food. Caters to more of n upscale crowd. Cetainly not for most students who are a numerous in the downtown

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I heard I could order a meal at the Parkhill on Hunter to meet my special food requests if I called at least a day before and so I called to arrange my husband's birthday dinner and asked for a vegan meal prepared without oil. The receptionist put me through to the chef who asked me some questions about ingredient preferences and expressed obvious pleasure and anticipation at being creative on our behalf. When we arrived we were presented with our own specially created menu, soup, a main dish and salad and a dessert. We chose our wine and waited for the first course. We were not disappointed. The meal was outstanding with great variety, wonderful flavours and keen attention to detail! The service was exemplary too! We are looking forward to dining here again and being able to have our dietary needs catered to so well.

4  Thank masterdiver