All reviews basic place to stay discount hotel tub shower check in was quick quiet stay front desk staff tim hortons comfortable beds ample parking ontario
Selected filters
Reviewed September 6, 2018

I have been staying here for a long time and am very happy with this hotel. The rooms are clean and the beds comfortable. It is a discount hotel so there are not coffee-makers in the room and breakfast is not included in the price but coffee is free in the lobby in the mornings and there are lots of places to eat nearby.

The carpets in the hallway could do with a cleaning but the hotel is very clean otherwise.

What I enjoy while staying at this property is the staff. Everyone here is very friendly and very helpful. I have stayed here for quite a while and have never been kept awake.

I really recommend this place. It is not a fancy hotel but very clean and the staff is awesome.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 19, 2018

Peterborough, Ontario, is a busy place on summer weekends. Hotels and motels are expensive. I found the best deal at Motel 6 at $111.18 tax included. It's a very nice basic place to stay. The staff was welcoming and the room was small and clean and the bed was comfortable. Small bathroom with good shower.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank mungoman
Reviewed July 24, 2018

I tried this motel this trip due to others being sold out. Wasn’t expecting much based on stays at other motel 6’s. First it was more expensive than the Super 8 that I usually stay at were you get a breakfast, have a pool and can get a king bed. Room was clean but queen bed appeared small. The hallway had more stains than a crime scene. The v-shaped tub/shower might as well be classed as useless. Room was noisy as walls were paper thin. Motel 6 was not a bargain by any means and is over priced for what they offer. Good as a last resort but much better in Peterborough for a better price.

Room tip: Not a great deal. Better places to stay in Peterborough for your money
Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Peterborough, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2018

Dear Dan, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest, and are disappointed your visit was unsatisfactory due to the noise concerns you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your stay to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

I stayed at this hotel on July 6, 2018.

We payed $124.

It was an ok place to stay.

I did not expect any ammenities as it didn't really matter to me. We were having a short sleep on the way to a fishing tournament.

But was was really disappointing was the fact that the hotel was so very loud. We had wooden floors in our room and I suspect others did too.

The people above us were romping all over the place until the wee hours of the morning.

I was forced to stay awake listening to drunk people and a woman discussing with her friends the fact that she took medicinal marijuana. And make no mistake. It was as if I was in the kitchen and she was in the living room of a house. Every word was clear as day.

I barely slept.

AS for the beds...they were ok.

The best thing was that the room was big.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Peterborough, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2018

Dear Jewels, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay due to the inconveniences you experienced. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest, and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the noise concerns you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your stay to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

I was expecting much worst from the ratings and reviews so we were very surprised. The staff were very friendly the three times we interacted with them. The room wasn't fancy but it was clean and comfortable.

Date of stay: May 2018