“Clean budget accomodations”

Motel 6 Peterborough
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Peterborough
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We stayed at The Motel 6 for 4 days recently. We could've stayed a block down the road at The Best Western, which had amazing reviews on here, but the Motel 6 was about $85/night, as opposed to about $140/night at The Best Western. And what would the main difference have been? Breakfast in the morning, and for 2 people, well, I didn't think we'd spend $55/morning for 2 people if we ate breakfast out, which we did (sometimes at Tim Horton's, which was just another few blocks in the opposite direction). Our room was quite small, and so was the TV, true, but we were in town to do stuff, not spend tons of time lying about in a hotel room. The bedspread was a bright blue-orange 80's style affair, and the room did not have a bar fridge or coffee maker - but so what? What I can say is, the staff always greeted us pleasantly as we came or went, it was close to everything, and it was immaculately cleaned every single day. The bed was comfortable. And even though I think a few road crews were staying there, we never heard a peep out of anyone. Air conditioner in the room worked well. I would DEFINITELY stay here again! :-)

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BKM861
motel6peterboro, General Manager at Motel 6 Peterborough, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Dear BKM861

Thank you for your recent review of Motel 6 Peterborough. I was very pleased to know that your stay with us was enjoyable and you found your accommodations very clean and comfortable.

Although we do not have all the amenities of the other hotels in the area we do pride ourselves in being the lowest rate of any National Chain while providing guests with a friendly, clean and comfortable stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Peterborough

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Wasn't very cleaned, beds were not comfortable, Overall just an awful experience, I did find a phone charger beside the bed though which probably meant the room wasn't cleaned very well. Definitely will never go back

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear KylefromWindsor

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent visit at Motel 6 Peterborough. We are very sorry that your experience with us was less than desirable and the room was not up to standards.

Your comments will be communicated to our housekeeping department in efforts to ensure that all guest have a clean and comfortable stay with us.

We hope that we would be able to welcome you again.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Very quickly, I wanted to find a hotel close to the Peterborough Arena where we had tickets to see Gordon Lightfoot in May 2014. The room was very clean and tidy and perfect for a one night stop over. The staff at Motel 6 was second to none. They were extremely helpful with a problem I had and went the extra distance to assist and resolve that problem. I only wish they could have set out coffee, tea and muffins or the like in the morning as a courtesy. Yes, they offered a beverage but it was out of a vending machine which I'd never seen and found to be too much on the discount hotel side.

Room Tip: The rooms either look out over a parking lot or Lansdowne Ave. Pick your poison.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
motel6peterboro, General Manager at Motel 6 Peterborough, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Dear Rakattack1959
Thank you for your recent review posted on trip advisor. It gives me great pleasure to know that our staff went above and beyond to give you great customer service durning your stay at Motel 6 Peterborough. I will certainly share your comments with the staff so they know that what comes naturally to them made a positive effect on your stay.
Motel 6 always listens to their guests and will take your comments into consideration when making future changes in our brand.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

So I realized that I may be a bit of hotel snob. Decided to stay at Motel 6 for a wedding since I would not be spending a whole lot of time at the hotel. The rate is much cheaper than other hotels in the area. This was my first time at this chain.

The good: got an early check in with no problem. It was clean. Staff was accomodating.

The bad: only 2 pillows per bed, flat at that. Small room. The bed.

The ugly: the bedpread was ugly, and hot, and just plain wrong.

Bottom line: you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank shynk

Dear Shynk
Your recent comments posted on Trip Advisor are very much appreciated. I am pleased with your good comments regarding the cleanlinest and the staff at Motel 6 Peterborough.
We are very pleased to inform you that in July we will be making some changes in our bed linens. We are replacing all of our bedspreads to a newer modern design which will give our guest rooms a different look. As part of the change we will be upgrading the pillows and we will have several extras on hand for guest who required additional pillows.
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we hope you will return in the future to see our changes.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

This is one of the best Hotels at my Canadatrip . Nice , very clean Room . Bathroom was also very clean . The Bed was Top , i slept very well . Nesrby are many Restaurants and Shopping Centers in 5 minutes by Car . The Staff was very friendly and helpful , she gave me a Map and explained where to drive . The Price is absolutely Top. Highly recommended . I would definitely come again .

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

Dear Elmar788
I was so happy that you enjoyed your trip to Canada and that Motel 6 Peterborough was one of the best hotels you stayed in during your travels. At Motel 6 we are always pleased to receive positive feed back from our guests regarding our staff and cleanlinest of the hotel.
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and fellow travellers. We look forward to welcoming you back when you visit Canada again.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

The quality of Motel 6 accommodation can be distinctly variable south of the border, but when it comes to the outlets in Ontario, the standard is consistently good for a budget establishment. Peterborough's Motel 6 is a case in point.
Yes, the facilities are bare-bones compared to more expensive places in the area, but I had no complaints about my recent overnight stay. Unlike other Motel 6 motels in the area, the bedroom in this one had a carpet that showed signs of having been well vacuumed before my arrival. The furnishings were otherwise identical to its sister motels in Southern Ontario — adequate bed, simple desk and table area, basic wooden chair, elevated television set, good bedside lighting. The bathroom was spotless, offering the basics and nothing more. The Wi Fi connection was in sound working order.
I did have a room with a connecting door, which left me wondering about noise filtering through, but if I had next-door neighbours, I didn't hear them. But next time I stay, I will try to avoid a connecting room.
The bottom line is that once again this is a Canadian Motel 6 that offers excellent value. And for breakfast there are both a McDonald's and a Tim Horton's less than five minutes away. And the people at the front desk were genuinely pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I was up in Peterborough on Business and once again stayed here at the Motel 6 hotel. The front desk staff are always very friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean. I would definitely come here again to stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business