TripAdvisor

Island Cream
Ranked #96 of 377 Restaurants in Peterborough
Cuisines: Jamaican
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It was very dirty..not one clean table and they had just opened! The restaurant was small and cluttered. The food was eatable but I would never go back. They have all these signs advertising homemade ice cream but when we asked they had none. All out of every kind.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (31)

Reviewed June 5, 2019 via mobile

I went into the restaurant after reading some great reviews. The jerk chicken was goof, but the state of the bathroom was disgusting and made me wonder what the kitchen area was like?

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed August 19, 2018

The restaurant was serving food at the Peterborough Folk Festival. They were very busy. I watched as a gentleman barbecued Jerk Chicken and women stirred Goat Curry. The dinners were a reasonable price.
I had three huge samosas for $5. They were filled with potatoes and peas. The sauces hot and sweet completed my lunch. All the flavours were there. I would eat at Island Cream again!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 12, 2018 via mobile

My friend and I went for lunch. There seemed to be only one person doing everything! She was a pleasant lady with a warm, welcoming smile. We ordered jerk chicken and curried goat, with a side of roti. We ate outside on the cute little patio area. Both my friend and I agreed, the food was absolutely delicious, and not too expensive. You get a lot of food for the price. Very authentic jamacian/Caribbean food. I will ho back again for sure! I highly recommend this place!!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed January 17, 2018

Definitely not posh food or fast food, but good honest, stick to your bones food. Cheap, filling, tasty food and I like the family that runs the place.

Date of visit: January 2018