“Great wine, food and staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Petit Bar

Le Petit Bar
Ranked #38 of 317 Restaurants in Peterborough
Cuisines: Wine Bar, French, Canadian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
“Great wine, food and staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

My husband and I just ate at Le Petit Bar for the second time tonight and we could not be happier! We ordered a glass of white each (we took the waiters advice and were very happy!), the charcuterie with two meats and two cheeses, and this time around decided to go with the dessert board as well which was surprisingly unique and delicious!

We always highly recommend this place to our friends...if you haven't been you are missing out on one of Peterborough's greatest spots.

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank Estrellajmb

Ontario's Near North, Canada
“Unique Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

This is an intimate space, seating only around 20 people, and it feels like a Parisian Bistro. There is a significant wine list with servings available in as small a portion as a half glass and as much as a bottle. There are 8 or 10 appetizers, of which we tried the curried devilled eggs, seared scallops, and tuna tartar, all of which were wonderful. The main part of the menu is combinations of cured meats and cheeses with olives, assorted mustards, and sauces served with fresh crusty baguette and/or crackers. They are aware of gluten intolerances and willingly accommodate. They are experts at recommending the pairing of wine with their dishes and I highly recommend that you take their advice. We ate till we were comfortably full and are normally big eaters and we spent $150.00 about one half of which was wine.the food is very rich so pace yourself! The dishes are all meant for sharing and invite lingering, it's a great place for a date.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Wendy P
Ottawa, Canada
“"Share" a Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

The restaurant is small, as are most of the plates, but it is "big" on atmosphere and food experience. Cheese and Charcuterie board choices were great, small plates for sharing included Torched Sea Scallops that were delicately prepared & flavourful, and a wonderful Tuna Tartare. We had the only corner booth table that could seat 6, so was wonderful and secluded for 2. Don't miss this great little spot!

• Visited August 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah
“AAA-MAZING! Le Petit Bar is a must go in Peterborough”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

The title says all there is to know...

In more details, when I notice that Le Petit Bar was #1 in Peterborough, I decided to give it a try. I will definitively be going back the next time work brings me back to Peterborough.

This place reminded me of enotecas in Italy with specialty cocktails added.

A few tasty appetizer, high quality meats and cheeses and delicious specialty wines that pair perfectly with the menu.

They also let local product shine on their menu, which is great!

• Visited July 2013
Peterborough, Canada
“Perfect. Find an excuse and go.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

My friends and I have started calling Le Petit Wine bar "LPB" - it seems its not just a regular hang-out, but now a part of our group. I can truly say I will find any excuse to go. Birthday? Check. Second cousin's boyfriends' nephew's Bar Mitzvah? Check. I love the food, I love the wine, I love the cocktails, I love the atmosphere. I love the service. I can't tell you how many times I've gone there for an appetizer, or a single glass of wine and stayed there for the rest of the night. Actually, I can't tell you a single time I've left after only one glass of wine. The cheese choices are fantastic, and the servers are spot on in suggestion options. The experience is unique to Peterborough in that I keep being impressed - over and over again. Try it out once and, after raving to all of your friends and family, you'll be looking for any excuse to come back.

• Visited July 2013