“Great ambiance”

Cuisines: French, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I have visited Le Petit Bar on a few occasions since its opening and have never been disappointed. The wine list is constantly being updated so I know that I am going to have something that I've never tried before. The staff is very knowledgeable about each wine and takes the time help you select one you'll enjoy. The cocktail and beer selection is great too for those who don't drink wine. Though I was only there for drinks and conversation during my last visit, I have tried menu items in the past. The charcuterie and cheese platters are fantastic with a nice glass of wine and there are always 4 or 5 additional menu items to choose from, all made fresh. Le Petit Bar is a community gem!

1  Thank Laura S
There are newer reviews for Le Petit Bar

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Every time we visit Peterborough, we make a point of spending an evening at Le Petit Bar and every time we are blown away. With just one step through the door we are transported to a Parisian wine bar, complete with zinc countertop and impressive display of wines. But it’s the friendly, warm and cozy atmosphere that entices us to stay and try the signature cocktails and carefully selected wines.

Ordering food is a must. We love the charcuterie and cheese boards. The weekly feature dishes are extremely tasty and creative, including seasonal house-made items like pork sausages, vegetable tartines and salmon pate.

If we lived in Peterborough, we would be at Le Petit Bar every night. It’s perfect for happy hour with friends or a nightcap after dinner.

1  Thank masgchips
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Small space, massive selection of wines, limited menu. VERY knowledgeable staff to guide you offering wines not found anywhere else. If you are looking for a glass and apps, this place is fantastic. For full dinner, consider Brio Gusto a couple blocks away.

1  Thank TheNortheys