“first timers and loved it”

The Favourite Greek
Ranked #19 of 321 Restaurants in Peterborough
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Peterborough, Canada
“first timers and loved it”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We received two dinner and a movie gift certificates and finally had time to get out and use them. When we got there the restaurant was very busy but they did get us seated quickly. I had the chicken pita platter and my husband had the chicken dinner both with salad and potatoes. There was too much food for me but my husband did finish all of his. We both really enjoyed our meal and the waitress did very well considering how busy they were. I will go back again and try something off the regular menu.

Peterborough, Canada
“Sad quality, my wallet called and wants its money back!”
Reviewed May 4, 2012

I believe strongly in value when I select restaurants but when I get a meal that is no different then the chicken Kabob's I can buy at walmart and a potato that tastes so vinegary my eyes water eating it and a cucumber-less tatziki sauce (that tastes not home made) I begin to wonder why I am paying so much money for this. The salad was even a disappointing. For $50 I could of made the same thing to feed 10 people and been better quality.

Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
“Expensive Dinner and a Movie”
Reviewed May 2, 2012

First of all, we walked in and the atmosphere wasn't amazing, small and quaint. We asked our server for a booth and she mentioned the last one was being reserved... for an hour later... We presumed the dinner would be a decent size for $18.99/p with the movie coupon.

I got the Pork Souvlaki with rice and greek salad. My partner got the Chicken Souvlaki with greek potatoes and greek salad. The food came shockingly fast, under five minutes, as if to say it was all sitting in hot-holding units. The plating was amateur at best (we plate our dinners at home nicer) which was disappointing. My pork and his chicken were very small portions and very dry. My rice was bland, and his potato was only half the size of a full potato cut into pieces. The salad (being the best part of the meal) was made with head lettuce and very little else. Also being a small portion (roughly the size of my fist) was tossed on the same small plate with the rest of the food.

The people around us seemed to have pretty noticeably larger portion sizes but were presumably not going for the movie afterwards. Looking at the menu compared to what we had, I feel as though the meals they offered and what we saw were not valued fairly. Also we were charged $18.99 for a meal that was advertised in the mall for $17.99, we noticed this after we left the restaurant.

Will not recommend to anyone unless they want a sub-par meal and pay a fortune for it.

3 Thank Johnathon M
Perth, Canada
“It's Okay”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I went with a Greek friend of mine and we ordered the dolmades as an appetizer. They were look warm. She felt that they were out of a can. I have had dolmades many times over the the years and it has always been served with a lemon sauce. No such luck here. We both ordered the lamb pita which was quite tasty but it had too much lettuce for its filling and not enough lamb. Service was very good and a very pleasant waitress. We will try the other Greek restaurants in town as a comparison.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank PerthDarter
Kawartha Lakes, Canada
“Busy spot”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Visited at lunch with some co-workers. A very busy spot. Decor is nothing special. Food was good but not outstanding. Lunch special is an excellent value. Service was very good especially considering how busy they were.

• Visited April 2012