“ridiculous...avoid”

East Side Mario's
Ranked #138 of 325 Restaurants in Peterborough
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Description: Hey Budda Boom Budda Bing! We are the Home of All-You-Can-Eat soup or salad and garlic home loaf and offer delicious Italian meals at great value. At East Side Mario’s your family is our family and we are committed to deliver Amore in everything we do!
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Greeted by one of the owners. Said my name 3 times and got it wrong each time. Work in hospitality much? It has only a few letters and one syllable, genius. It was a table for 2 and, predictably, they always try to get you to go to the bar and wait...where there was a booth for 2 sitting there nearby, empty but dirty. Then the other owner as seen in the local TV commercials, comes up and obnoxiously yells in the bar area my name at the top of her lungs. The bar area had like maybe 10 people there, not counting me and my girlfriend. Okay, she is more obnoxious in person than the hokey TV commercial on CHEX TV. Our server came and while most give you a moment to see the menu, she took almost as long as it took for us waiting in the bar area for a table to return to take the order. Of course, first thing she pushes was wine and beer. Service was really slow and disjointed. The bread sticks have become almost the size of a grocery store dinner roll you can buy from a bin. Brings a salad bowl with barely enough for 2 people and all kinds of room for more. Hey, how about bring double that so people can have enough salad and bread when the food arrives...which it did, hut no salad or bread to have with the newly arrived food. The service doesn't seem to be getting better. And, quite frankly, I was joking by saying I hope they don't start singing that happy birthday song, where they call come marching out and clapping and singing unintelligibly. Well, they did...right next to where I was sitting. Just as obnoxious as the female manager who I could hear roaring names to the point of startling patrons. So, Prime Restaurants, if you're reading this, grab a clue. People want a nice place to go, with value and where apps are delivered consistently. We don't like the singing and clapping and do not like managers that holler names because lord knows I do not see that elsewhere. And hey, the 90's were some time ago. Time to update the concept, no? And maybe a Prix fixe/table d'hote pricing to give more value instead of like $40 for 2 people with 2 pops and 2 pasta entrees, and nothing else.

Avoid at peak hours if you can.

3  Thank UncleChompy

Reviewed October 31, 2013

My family of 4 ate here recently. We all ordered the pasta special which includes a choice of 4 types of pasta, 4 types of sauce, and either soup or salad, and bread. It's all you can eat. The pasta can be switched up and the sauces, so you don't have to have a refill of the same thing. I noticed our waitress worked hard, because if anyone orders this type of 'unlimited meal', the waitress goes back and forth from the kitchen to replenish many items. She was friendly and accommodating. It was a good value, and I think it was the cheapest dinner entree on the menu. I would order this type of meal again, as you get filled-up, by the refills.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Their Italian food is a joke. I had the lasagna which was dry and not at all tasty. It was like it had been cooked a few days before & microwaved slightly when ordered. I like lasagna but not this one. Had salad which was totally unattractive to look at and worse to eat. The hostess/manager is a nice young lady who I believe is really committed to seeing that customers enjoy their meals but with this kind of food quality there won't be many satisfied customers.

1  Thank spitfirebuff
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I haven't been to an East Side Marios in years. Visited the one in Peterborough and it was great. Loved the caesar salad and the bread just kept coming. Our waitress was very friendly and attentive. They have kids under 10 eat free on Wednesdays.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

East Side Mario's is one of my favourite places to eat. The location on Landsdowe street in Peterborough is one of the best locations I have stepped into or eaten at. The staff are always very friendly and very welcoming. The service is always top notch, we never have to wait long for our food no matter the time of day. The food is always delicious, and most things come with your choice of salad. The Caesar salad is by far the best caesar salad I have ever eat.

East Side Mario's is a big supporter of Cystic Fibrosis, its great to see that they are supporting the people in the community who suffer from this terrible disease.