“Consistently Delicious” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Magic Rolling Pin
Ranked #12 of 312 Restaurants in Peterborough
Cuisines: Canadian, Healthy
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Magic Rolling Pin is set in a beautiful Victorian style home in the downtown Peterborough area. Our intimate rooms are perfect for that special lunch or "just because" tea and dessert. Our warm atmosphere and friendly faces add to the ambiance of the elegant tea room and delicate decor. Our service staff is focused on delivering a memorable experience sure to be talked about afterwards. Please join us! We look forward to having you. Join us for an elegantly served lunch starting at 10:30 am, including finely crafted entrees, seasonal salads, and divine desserts all enjoyed with your favourite loose-leaf tea. We are also known for our traditional afternoon tea service beginning at 2:30 pm. Catering, take-out and private functions are available.
Peterborough, Canada
“Consistently Delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

This is a favourite spot for my Mom and I. If we're out shopping downtown, or have a busy day of errands planned, we love taking the time to stop into this great spot. The food is always delicious (we always love getting the soup - their soup selection is so vast, I don't know if I've ever had the same one!)

I generally make a reservation, as it fills up quickly!

• Visited January 2014

Toronto, Canada
“Excellent food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

It was the first time I ever had a fancy tea related experience and it was awesome. The inside is clean and excellently decorated and the food is foolishly good. Everything is made on site and the scones are ridiculously good. They have a great selection of teas and the one I tried was freaking great and came in cool china.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Josh M
Ontario Canada
“Favorite lunch spot...visit the "Pin"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Everything! The food is incredible, so many awesome baked goods and lunches. The staff are all excellent at what they do, have excellent customer service and are always welcoming and friendly.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank TrishyMo
Toronto
“Perfection in every way!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

My husband had lunch with a colleague last month at the Magic Rolling Pin, and rhapsodized about it so much, I knew I had to see for myself. Today we took his father out for his birthday lunch, and we couldn't have made a better choice! Being the Christmas season, it was very busy, so reservations are recommended. But this had no effect on the quality of the service or the food we experienced. We were ushered into a lovely private room for the four of us, and the service throughout our meal was top-notch and not in the least rushed. Meals here are entirely home-made and out-of-this-world. My hot apple cider, with orange slice, cinnamon stick and accompanyimg ginger cookie, was delicious. Then I thoroughly enjoyed the Christmas crepe special, with turkey, caramelized onions, cranberries and even stuffing! For dessert - their particular forte - I had maple-oatmeal-coconut pie, which just melts in the mouth! Everyone else at the table was also full of compliments about their choices. If you have occasion to visit Peterborough - or like us, make a special trip there just for lunch - you can't do better than the Magic Rolling Pin!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank luvs2nap
Peterborough, Canada
“Great food, especially the desserts!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

My family and I come here for a special treat; the pies, cakes, and scones are my kids' favourites. However, you do have to come earlier in the day, as a lot of desserts are devoured by 1:30, understandably so. Our servers are always sincerely friendly and helpful, very nice people to chat with, who obviously enjoy their job. The high quality desserts are made fresh by the owner, her berry/chocolate scones are ONE of my son's favourites. The chocolate cake is obviously another fav, too--but the selection varies everytime we go, and depending on time of year, time of day etc.

Their menu items are always very good, good portions, and very attractive presentation on attractive dinnerware. My only suggestion for improvement would be to have some dairy/gluten free options on the menu, for those with dietary limitations.

We also enjoy the good selection of all sorts of loose teas--herbal, black, green, kids teas.

Their ambience is somewhat formal/casual, with nice leather chairs, tablecloths, modern with vintage touches, tea cups, 3 seating rooms that are decorated very tastefully.

• Visited December 2012