“Lovely English tea room.”

The Magic Rolling Pin
Ranked #13 of 334 Restaurants in Peterborough
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Magic Rolling Pin is set in a beautiful Victorian style home in the downtown Peterborough area. Our intimate rooms are perfect for that special lunch or "just because" tea and dessert. Our warm atmosphere and friendly faces add to the ambiance of the elegant tea room and delicate decor. Our service staff is focused on delivering a memorable experience sure to be talked about afterwards. Please join us! We look forward to having you. Join us for an elegantly served lunch starting at 10:30 am, including finely crafted entrees, seasonal salads, and divine desserts all enjoyed with your favourite loose-leaf tea. We are also known for our traditional afternoon tea service beginning at 2:30 pm. Catering, take-out and private functions are available.
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Lovely old house w/little tables w/china cups of tea complete w/tea strainers and embroidered cloths on the tables. I had the soup, salad,and sandwich combo. The soup was a delicately flavoured minted pea, half sandwich of black forest ham and provolone, and tossed greens w/poppy seed dressing. Herbal tea was wonderful, not even needing sweetner. Melt in your mouth, drippy butter tart for dessert! Allow plenty of time (over 90 min.). You'll want to return for sure!

2  Thank r0se65

Reviewed July 5, 2012

We had a beautiful lunch on the patio at this restaurant. The server was very attentive and made sure to keep our iced water filled (super hot day). The lunch was delicious and the deserts were also, although I have to agree with the previous reviewer on the comment that it is not Devonshire cream but chantilly (small point though and doesn't detract from the tastiness).

All in all, it was a very nice way to spend a summer's day.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

My Father took me here recently to celebrate my Birthday. I was so pleasantly surprised! The food was delicious and the portions are the perfect size for a light lunch. What would get me back through that door in a heartbeat though are the desserts. Keep in mind I am not a dessert, or sweet, eater. I cannot resist lemon desserts though and they have a to DIE for lemon curd tart. My father got the mixed berry scone. Well, I'm not sure which one I loved more.
Please give this place a try, you will not be disappointed!

1  Thank TLB05
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Awesome homemade food....superb soups! A great place for women to sit and enjoy a bite to eat and a cup of tea.

Reviewed May 13, 2012

The ambiance is the 1st thing you notice. A old Victorian mansion, nicely refurbished. Lunch specials, especially the soups, are always great tasting. The homemade desserts are great, as well.
Make sure you phone to reserve as it's hard to get a table without reserving beforehand.
A great addition to the Peterborough culinary scene.