All reviews continental breakfast heart of downtown parking garage within walking distance great boutique location is excellent in town for business bagels comfortable rooms would stay again front desk staff mini fridge fireplace jacuzzi coupon tubs
Selected filters
Reviewed January 12, 2019

Everyone from the front Desk Staff, maintenance and cleaning crew are wonderful. I truly love this place! Clean, quiet and they comp parking fees. Just a few of the other benefits...
Comfortable bed
Fireplace
Jacuzzi tub
Small kitchenette with small sink, bar fridge, coffee maker, microwave...
REAL not plastic or paper - cups, glasses, even wine glasses (Nice touch)
I'm told there's a fitness room ;-) I've never been there, maybe next trip :)
Complimentary on the go breakfast, It's nice to grab a piece or 2 of fruit on the way out.
This is truly my go to Hotel, When I win the Lotto I will have a permanent room on standby!
Joanne

Room tip: I've been in several rooms, they are all lovely!
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Joanne F
Reviewed January 1, 2019 via mobile

I have stayed here before in a courtyard suite and was pretty pleased with my stay besides that suites are on the main floor and incredibly noisy on weekends.
This time I reserved a regular queen bed suite on the second floor. When I arrived in the room it was ridiculously hot. It claims to be climate controlled but the thermostat did not work. They had a portable plug in cooling fan and heater In the room that helped but it was extremely noisy and hard to reguate the temperature.
The bed had decorative pillows that had something sticky and orange stuck to it as if they did not wash the comforter and decorative pillows after every stay. There was also only one night stand which was inconvenient for my spouse and we ended up using the ironing board for his phone and water cup .

Next I went to he bathroom and closed the door, a pin hinge on the top of the heavy door fell off and nearly missed my foot. Could have injured me slightly or a child could have got really injured.
The next day I used the folded towels that had short brown hairs on them ( I have long brown hair and no bangs) when I went to grab it off of the towel rack it fell apart on my foot and was useable for the rest of the stay.
I used the jacuzzi tub that same night . It seemed clean until I turned it on and small brown hairs came out of the jets, as well as I noticed some under the spout where the tub water comes out as if they didn’t clean under it. Also while I was in the jacuzzi I noticed the toilet bowl hadn’t been cleaned underneath the rim.

The closet was made of mirrors and there were makeup smudges on it, I did my makeup in the bathroom the night before so I know it wasn’t mine.. I scratched it off quite easily so I know that wasn’t cleaned well either ...
They also don’t leave any water in the room and the Peterborough water isn’t great to drink or use for coffee ... you can go down to the lobby to get water but it’s extremely inconvenient when there’s coffee machines in the room...
the blackout blinds are also not blackout blinds if you have a hard time sleeping with light
Also the bed is definitely a double and not a queen as I own a queen and we did not have very much room to sleep
The location is amazing, staff is great but the hotel could have been very dangerous and was not great this time
Please update your washrooms as I was always scared what would hurt me next . Things are old and unsafe and not well maintained
These things should have been noticed by housekeeping and maintenance

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank ttinal
bsahni, Manager at Peterborough Inn & Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2019

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations and that you experienced issues with your guestroom. Those have been brought to the attention of our maintenance department as well as housekeeping. We will work hard to rectify these issues and hope you'll give us another chance. Please contact me directly at manager@peterboroughinn.com should you wish to discuss your stay further and again we do apologize for any issues you experienced while staying with us.

Reviewed December 18, 2018

I rented a room for a family visit. The location offers great walkability. Although a little tired, the hotel offers reasonable value. The rooms are heated by gas fireplaces and cooled by window mounted air conditioners. Continental breakfast is included and parking is off site down the street and included in the price.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 16, 2018

Great location close to excellent eateries. We were very pleased with the room. It was clean, comfortable, and well appointed. The gas-powered fireplace was a nice touch. Would definitely stay there again.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed December 14, 2018 via mobile

The room was clean which was great first glance a couple little flaws but really not to bad. I paid for a king suite which was just as expensive as staying at the same suite in a 4 star hotel. My room did not have cream or coffee. Juccuzi tub was cracked there was banging and noises all night and it was so crazy hot we couldnt sleep. We wanted the room with a fire place and got one however it didnt work unless you turned it all the way to 25 degrees in an already 80 degree room. Was not happy and wont return..

Trip type: Traveled as a couple