“Great Value for the Price”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Peterborough
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my Mom at the beginning of November.

The hotel is very clean. I did not visit the pool area as I did not have time. The bathtub/shower was very nice. The water pressure was very strong for a hotel. The staff were very helpful and friendly.

I did not eat at the breakfast provided as my mom cannot eat Gluten. I would like to see the hotel provide more gluten free options including bacon. It would have been nice if there was some regulation with using utensils for only one thing so that my mother would have been able to have some of the items.

There was an issue with the side entrance that caused the door to slam, which we could hear in our room which was a few doors away.

Upon my return home, I received an email from the hotel asking for feedback. I gave the same feedback as I have here, and I received a response from the hotel within minutes addressing the issues. This was great customer service. I will likely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank reviewer_lal
Comfort0724, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Thank you very much for the wonderful review! I was pleased to hear you were happy with our hotel and what it has to offer. We do pride ourselves on having a wonderful, attentive and kind Guest Service staff. This makes all the difference for our guests and helps people feel like home when away.

Offering a hot breakfast is one of our mandates. It’s true there aren’t many gluten free options. I have passed on your suggestion of bacon to the food and beverage department and they are looking into the logistics of that.

We believe very strongly in a quick and thoughtful response when anyone takes their time to fill out the online survey sent out after check out. This enables us to have direct communication with the people who not only matter most, but also can help us to improve the quality, service and cleanliness here at the Comfort Hotel and Suites.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Good place to stay, heated pool, eggs, sausages, toast, bagels, cereal , waffle maker ( could use 2 of them as well as toasters there was only 1 ) juice, milk, coffee. More to chose from than the continental you get at other hotels. This hotels has NOISE warning signs posted all over, that any noise that is above the normal talking voice will be dealt with swiftly , I liked that. You didn't have pre teens and teenagers running up and down the hallways. Every Hotel should adopt this !! Daughter approved for Waffles :))

Room Tip: We had a King room that had a fridge and micro - very handy Rooms are either West side or East , d...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write in and let everyone know you enjoyed your stay with us.
We do try to be proactive when it comes to potential disruptions for any of our guests. Any time we have teams or groups in house we try to let them know our expectations ahead of time so that everyone is on the same page, and everyone can have the kind of experience we hope to give our guests.
We do provide an amazing hot breakfast complete with Sausages, scrambled eggs, fruit, cereal, toast, bagels and as you mentioned a “daughter approved” waffle station! We understand the importance of a hot yummy breakfast to start out the day.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I was traveling for business and decided to try out this hotel. They put me in a smoking room with no warning (I reserved non-smoking), and then they couldn't switch my room because they said they were sold out. The room smelled terrible and was dirty. After telling the clerk about a specific dirty area, he said he would take care if it, but didn't. The room was so bad I took pictures of it as evidence for anyone else in my company who might consider trying to stay there. When I told them I was checking out early and why, there was no apology or any offer to resolve the complaint. Do not stay here - there are much better choices in Peterborough.

• Stayed: October 2013
Comfort0724, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Thank you for sending your review in and letting us know how you felt about your recent stay with us. I was saddened to hear you left feeling the way you did and that you were unhappy. I was surprised to hear you had issues with cleanliness in your room and that you reported them to our Guest service staff and nothing was done about them.

This is not typical of our procedure or policy when it comes to these issues. Our Guest service staff are normally extremely attentive and reactive to any issues or concerns guests may present.

I do apologize on behalf of our entire team regarding the cleanliness of your room. I would love the opportunity to speak to you anytime at your convenience.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

On arriving for one night, mid-week...the Lobby is very modern....away from the usual Comfort
Inn style...our room also had recently been re-done,flat screen TV...new beds and tastfully decorated.
All was clean and peaceful, with good value.
A plate of warm choc: chip cookies on the reception desk was a nice touch, as was the large jug of lemon or lime water as we passed by at different times. Staff pleasant and helpful, breakfast a good variety but as per Motel usual, scrambled eggs rubber like...are Comfort Inns trying to go Boutique?!!

Room Tip: A good location for all you might want to see and do in Peterborough. Stayed on second floor and co...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GERARD P
Comfort0724, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Let me take a moment to thank you for your review. It’s always helpful to hear how we are doing when it comes to customer service and care. We try very hard to make all guests feel as welcome as they can in what we hope will be a home away from home.

I am so happy to hear how you felt about our recent renovations. We are very proud of the lobby and renovated guest rooms. Soon we will be starting our second wave of renovations, after which every room in our hotel will be renovated!

Once again, thank you for taking the time

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for the first time on Sept 22nd; was in town for a business meeting. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful when I called to reserve and when I checked in. The hotel had been booked solid the night before but my room was ready when I arrived at 3PM. Housekeeping were still catching up so it was great to have my room ready. Nice touch having cookies at the front desk :)
My room was on the 3rd floor. I stay at Comfort Inns a lot and prefer the ground floor rooms where you can park right outside but I booked last minute. It was great to discover the hotel has an elevator! A person from the front desk called to see if everything was ok with the room; I appreciate that.
The hotel has undergone a major upgrade recently and I had one of the renovated rooms (King Suite). The CAA rate was really great. The flat screen TV was awesome and could swivel so I could watch while working at the desk. Wifi worked perfectly as usual at Comfort Inns. They leave the fridge plugged in which is good. I've been to many where they don't and it takes a while to cool down of course. The coffee makers are new and use individual pods; not sure of the brand but it worked well - hot fresh coffee in no time. Housekeeping gave me extra coffee on the way in. There was also a new microwave.
The bathroom was clean and the towels were new. They have "real" blowdryers meaning the kind where you don't have to hold down the on switch while using it. Bath amenities are basic but they do the trick. The room was clean and tidy. The invoice was slipped under the door during the night so there was no need to checkout via the front desk.
I know paper coffee cups and plastic drinking cups (wrapped in plastic) guarantee a clean and never used cup but I'd prefer ceramic and glass. I wash them anyway. Other than that, the only thing I hope they do is replace the tired bed spreads. They take the shine off the otherwise nicely upgraded room.
I didn't have a chance to try the breakfast but will definitely on my next visit. I will be booking this hotel again and highly recommend it to others. Great location and wonderful staff. Thanks!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Comfort0724, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful, glowing detailed review.

We are very happy to hear you had a wonderful experience while staying with us recently. We have had a major upgrade, reno in the past year. All of our King rooms were done as well as our lobby, and hallways. This winter all Queen rooms will be completed as well! We are very excited about this as it will mean a complete update for all rooms in our hotel. Also this winter, all bedding will be changed over to the new Duvet style cover with a color sash. We pride ourselves on having a wonderful, courteous, helpful and efficient staff. That coupled with great, well appointed and clean rooms make staying with us a great experience.
I hope next time you get to try our amazing hot breakfast, included with all room rates.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed one night in August with my grandmother and daughter. It's just off the main Lansdowne strip so it's convenient for shopping an restaurants.

Service when checking in was good, the other guest next to us had trouble because there were no more non smoking rooms available but they were trying to accommodate him as best they could. Our room was on the first floor which was great for trips back and forth to the car. I was able to use the pool with my daughter as well. It's on the small side but it wasn't an issue since we weren't using it to swim laps. There is also a hot tub there too.

Room was fine. Beds were comfortable. However I did find a toenail clipping in mine, which was disgusting. Some more clippings on the floor by the chair. Bathroom was relatively clean but the corners were a bit dusty and there was some black mould at the baseboards.

There is a free continental breakfast in the lobby, which was decent. Unfortunately there weren't many options for my diabetic daughter but I didn't really expect there to be so I made do with what was available. Not much in the way of fruit, just apples and oranges.

I wasn't disappointed or anything, ive stayed in all kinds of olaces that were far worse and some that were far better. i wouldnt avoid this hotel, if i get the deal again on hotwire, id stay there again

• Stayed: August 2013
Comfort0724, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to let me know how you felt about staying with us. Thanks for pointing out our convenient location. It is handy when guests need to access anything in our great city of Peterborough.

We do our best to accommodate all guests with what they would like or need at the time of check in. I was glad to hear the guest service staff were working hard to try to help the guest you witnessed with a non-smoking request. Anytime someone calls and books ahead the question of smoking or non-smoking is addressed and guaranteed.

I was distraught to hear about your findings in the room. I will speak to the housekeeping manager about this issue to ensure it does not happen again all the rooms will be fully renovated starting at the end of this year. Making our entire property new and freshly appointed.

Once again I thank you for all your comments and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel is nicely situated on a main street in Peterborough. The check-in was seamless and our room was close to the check-in and breakfast area. The room was clean and ready for us.

The breakfast area is small with, perhaps, seating for 30. So, it you want to sit down for breakfast, either get there early or wait until it's closing. The breakfast selection was decent. Cereal, yogurts, toast, muffins/danish, create-your-own waffle (both regular and strawberry flavoured), hard-boiled eggs, coffee and tea.

The swimming pool and hot tub are in the basement. Not too bad as there is a nice large window so there's plenty of light. The temperature was perfect. You need to get towels form the front desk...and if you're 4 they really only want to give 4 towels. The towels are not the largest, so a few more towels would have been nice.

There are plenty of restaurants nearby for lunch and dinner. All the national chains are there.

I'd stay again. Good location. Nice hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! We do try to meet and exceed guest expectations whenever possible. Our newly renovated lobby is very convenient and we pride ourselves on having a very courteous and attentive Guest service team.

Thank you for your comments about the breakfast area and assortment. I will discuss options with the food and beverage department in terms of assortment. We do usually have bananas as well.

I’m glad to hear you enjoyed our pool and spa. I will be speaking to our guest service staff about never limiting the number of pool towels we give out to guests. This should never be an issue, thank you for pointing it out!

I hope we see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Peterborough
Super 8 Peterborough
#4 of 12 in Peterborough
Comfort Inn Port Hope
Comfort Inn Port Hope
#2 of 2 in Port Hope

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!