“Quality Comfort and Smiling Faces”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Peterborough
Gravenhurst
“Quality Comfort and Smiling Faces”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel, while visiting my daughter who is attending school in Peterborough. Starting with check in, the staff were friendly and knowledgeable. I did not have to wait, even though there was a hockey tournament going on the weekend I stayed. The hotel staff seemed to handle the busy time with a smile, and without conflict. They did not get stressed out as I have seen at other hotels before. The staff were also knowledgeable about the Peterborough area, and were able to offer some great suggestions for entertainment in the area.

Once I got to my room I found that my room was very clean and comfortable. So back to the amazing staff, I had forgotten my toothbrush and some other toiletries. I called front desk and they provided me with my needs, no questions asked and within minutes of my call. Very prompt, and attentive.

We made use of the pool and hot tub, both were very clean.

There is a Kelsey's attached to the hotel, so I didn't have to go far for dinner.

Breakfast in the morning was a little bit chaotic, due to the hockey tournament in the Peterborough area. The hotel never ran out of food, eggs, waffles, sausages were all hot and fresh.

My daughter I was visiting came to stay with me at the hotel for the night. She is in a wheelchair and the staff were so helpful holding doors for her, and constantly offering her assistance. They really went above and beyond what was expected. In the past we have been nervous about going to hotels as some are just not accessible. That was not the case here, we really had no trouble at all with accessibility which was a pleasant change.

I will return to this hotel again, and would recommend it to anyone. The staff really made my stay a pleasant one. Thanks Comfort Inn!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Comfort0724, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you so much for that glowing report!

We try so hard to meet our guests needs with honest care and concern. It's going the extra mile that ensures you will continue to come back to be our guest.

I will make sure to pass on your wonderful comments to all of the staff here, I am sure they will appreciate hearing they are on the right track.

Im so glad to hear you were pleased with all the wonderful amenities on our property...and that your room met all expectations.

Im glad to hear you will be back, we cant wait to see you again. Thanks again, we appreciate your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Niagara on the Lake
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this Hotel so many times I can't count them all. Always, always a great stay with clean rooms, convenient location, very helpful staff, great breakfasts. This hotel is located very conveniently to all amenities. The last time I stayed at his hotel was when my mother passed away and again the staff went above and beyond to assist my family and myself with everything and anything that was needed. I would recommend this hotel to everyone for any and all occasions

• Stayed November 2012
Comfort0724, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments and compliments. It really helps us to know we are making good decisions and on track with our goal, to make you happy.

It's great to hear the staff are doing their jobs and routinely go above and beyond for our valued guests. This is an example of the amazing service we strive for and as it seems, accomplish regularly.

When anyone goes through a difficult time, it always helps to know there is a freindly face around the corner when you get back to your home away from home. Im glad we could help you in your time of loss.

We look forward to seeing you again!
Kawartha Lakes, Canada
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

While staying at this hotel my wallet and cell phone mysteriously went missing from my room, I discovered this upon check out. When I couldn't find them anywhere and mentioned calling the police the manager and housekeeping went to check my room again, and came back more quickly than it would take to search my room. They said my wallet was under my mattress and my phone was under a chair cushion. I never took my phone out of my coat pocket the entire time. This experience has made me quite leery of this hotel. I've also not been able to contact a head office rep in Canada to discuss this.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Comfort0724, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
We appreciate your concerns, and we understand the importance of fulfilling our guests expectations. It therefore, concerns me greatly that you departed us with a negative impression. Guests consistently leave items in rooms and there are some regular spots to check. The Operations Manager and 2 staff searched the room and the missing items were located in 2 common areas. However, we should of had you accompany us to the room. Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with our staff and we will use this as a training and learning tool in order to improve our customer service excellence
Newcastle, Canada
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I was very pleased with my stay at this hotel. The front desk staff was very pleasant upon our arrival, and we were able to book in a little early as we were ahead of schedule. This was great, as we were able to relax and enjoy the pool & hot tub a little longer. I really enjoyed the front lobby area, as it had a gas burning fireplace with loung chairs to relax. It was a lovely atmosphere. The hot breakfast was wonderful, and having a restaraunt on site, Kelsey's, was an added bonus. The room we stayed in was very clean and everything was in good working order. The only downfall I found with the hotel, was the hallway carpets were lumpy and looked as though they should be replaced. Other than that the hotel was in good condition. I would definitely recommend this hotel to family & friends, and would not hesitate to stay here in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Darlene D
Comfort0724, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you so much for the positive response you sent in about the Comfort Hotel & Suites in Peterborough. Our front desk staff work hard to ensure they meet all our guests needs. Im glad to hear we were able to accomadate your request for an early check in. Whenever possible we will. Our pool and hot tub serve as a nice break away from the cold winter weather this time of year. Our newly renovated lobby is cozy and warm. Im glad you mentioned the carpets in the hallways, as a matter of fact, they are being replaced next week! Renovations are under way throughout our property and that is just one of the exciting changes happening here. We aim to make your experience as wonderful as possible, and having an updated, clean, pleasant building is a large part of making that happen. Thank you once again for sending in your comments and I hope we get to see you again soon!
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I recently stayed here with my son for a hockey tournament. Upon arriving the front desk staff was courteous and kind. We arrived late and Dan and Alichia (not sure if that is spelled right) were great! Dan was a very sweet young man and very helpful and Alichia was a sweetheart!

Our rooms were excellent, the beds clean and comfy. Breakfast in the morning was busy! But with a hockey tournament that was to be expected and the food was still great!

Overall we had a wonderful experience and recommend this hotel to anyone who wants great service and great value!

• Stayed December 2012
Comfort0724, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It’s always great to hear how our amazing front desk staff find ways to make everyone’s stay with us as comfortable as possible. It means we are meeting our goal…to make you happy! Our pillow top mattresses are very comfortable, thank you for mentioning them. Whenever you are in Peterborough please don’t hesitate to come stay with us again. We look forward to it!
Haliburton ontario
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed in the jacuzzi suite and loved it! Now it is not the 5 star hotel that you would get in Toronto by any means....the T.V. is the old tube style and could certainly stand to be updated to a flat screen but the room was super clean and for the low price of $145 with a jucuzzi tub in the room you can't complain. The staff is friendly and really try to make you feel at home!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank schnoobs
Comfort0724, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to express your kind words about our Jacuzzi rooms! You may be surprised to hear that we have this week been changing to 42" flat screen t.v.'s in the rooms for you to enjoy! It is nice to hear the kind words about our staff as well, it is our daily goal as a team to make you, the guest feel at home! I would like to invite you back to the Comfort Hotel the next time you are in Peterborough, Ontario!
NIAGARA FALLS
Reviewed October 27, 2012

A stop for the night while passing through. Front desk staff was outstanding! Very courteous and helpful. With Kelsey's in the building made our short stay that much better. Particularly was the bathroom. The tub is very nice for a shower and also has numerous conveniences. The king bed makes the room seem larger and the small sofa is convenient. The room was quiet and we had a good continental breakfast in the morning. Easy and quick check-out.

Room Tip: A room with king bed was to our liking.