“Broken trust in comfort inn”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Peterborough
Kawartha Lakes, Canada
“Broken trust in comfort inn”
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

While staying at this hotel my wallet and cell phone mysteriously went missing from my room, I discovered this upon check out. When I couldn't find them anywhere and mentioned calling the police the manager and housekeeping went to check my room again, and came back more quickly than it would take to search my room. They said my wallet was under my mattress and my phone was under a chair cushion. I never took my phone out of my coat pocket the entire time. This experience has made me quite leery of this hotel. I've also not been able to contact a head office rep in Canada to discuss this.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Comfort0724, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
We appreciate your concerns, and we understand the importance of fulfilling our guests expectations. It therefore, concerns me greatly that you departed us with a negative impression. Guests consistently leave items in rooms and there are some regular spots to check. The Operations Manager and 2 staff searched the room and the missing items were located in 2 common areas. However, we should of had you accompany us to the room. Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with our staff and we will use this as a training and learning tool in order to improve our customer service excellence

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Newcastle, Canada
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I was very pleased with my stay at this hotel. The front desk staff was very pleasant upon our arrival, and we were able to book in a little early as we were ahead of schedule. This was great, as we were able to relax and enjoy the pool & hot tub a little longer. I really enjoyed the front lobby area, as it had a gas burning fireplace with loung chairs to relax. It was a lovely atmosphere. The hot breakfast was wonderful, and having a restaraunt on site, Kelsey's, was an added bonus. The room we stayed in was very clean and everything was in good working order. The only downfall I found with the hotel, was the hallway carpets were lumpy and looked as though they should be replaced. Other than that the hotel was in good condition. I would definitely recommend this hotel to family & friends, and would not hesitate to stay here in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Darlene D
Comfort0724, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you so much for the positive response you sent in about the Comfort Hotel & Suites in Peterborough. Our front desk staff work hard to ensure they meet all our guests needs. Im glad to hear we were able to accomadate your request for an early check in. Whenever possible we will. Our pool and hot tub serve as a nice break away from the cold winter weather this time of year. Our newly renovated lobby is cozy and warm. Im glad you mentioned the carpets in the hallways, as a matter of fact, they are being replaced next week! Renovations are under way throughout our property and that is just one of the exciting changes happening here. We aim to make your experience as wonderful as possible, and having an updated, clean, pleasant building is a large part of making that happen. Thank you once again for sending in your comments and I hope we get to see you again soon!
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I recently stayed here with my son for a hockey tournament. Upon arriving the front desk staff was courteous and kind. We arrived late and Dan and Alichia (not sure if that is spelled right) were great! Dan was a very sweet young man and very helpful and Alichia was a sweetheart!

Our rooms were excellent, the beds clean and comfy. Breakfast in the morning was busy! But with a hockey tournament that was to be expected and the food was still great!

Overall we had a wonderful experience and recommend this hotel to anyone who wants great service and great value!

• Stayed December 2012
Comfort0724, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It’s always great to hear how our amazing front desk staff find ways to make everyone’s stay with us as comfortable as possible. It means we are meeting our goal…to make you happy! Our pillow top mattresses are very comfortable, thank you for mentioning them. Whenever you are in Peterborough please don’t hesitate to come stay with us again. We look forward to it!
Haliburton ontario
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed in the jacuzzi suite and loved it! Now it is not the 5 star hotel that you would get in Toronto by any means....the T.V. is the old tube style and could certainly stand to be updated to a flat screen but the room was super clean and for the low price of $145 with a jucuzzi tub in the room you can't complain. The staff is friendly and really try to make you feel at home!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank schnoobs
Comfort0724, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to express your kind words about our Jacuzzi rooms! You may be surprised to hear that we have this week been changing to 42" flat screen t.v.'s in the rooms for you to enjoy! It is nice to hear the kind words about our staff as well, it is our daily goal as a team to make you, the guest feel at home! I would like to invite you back to the Comfort Hotel the next time you are in Peterborough, Ontario!
NIAGARA FALLS
Reviewed October 27, 2012

A stop for the night while passing through. Front desk staff was outstanding! Very courteous and helpful. With Kelsey's in the building made our short stay that much better. Particularly was the bathroom. The tub is very nice for a shower and also has numerous conveniences. The king bed makes the room seem larger and the small sofa is convenient. The room was quiet and we had a good continental breakfast in the morning. Easy and quick check-out.

Room Tip: A room with king bed was to our liking.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Edgar C
Comfort0724, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for your kind words towards our front desk staff! It is our daily goal to ensure our guests are satisfied and their every need is met. It sounds like you had one of our standard king rooms, we are glad you enjoyed the conveniences of the sofa bed. We hope you will visit us again, the next time you are in the lovely Peterborough area.
Toronto
Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

As a business traveller , wifi connection is very important in my choice of hotel - I was disappointed because wifi was very spotty in my room - I can only good decent connection at the lobby. Overall, I can't complain - it provides comfortable stay and a walk in bar/grill for a good nightcap.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Erik R
Thank you for taking a moment to share your impressions resulting from your recent stay. Our team strives each day to demonstrate that great value means you can save without settling for less. I am pleased you enjoyed having Kelsey’s as a dinner option and didn’t have to leave the building. Thank you for bringing your wifi concerns to our attention. Recently we discovered a malfunction in part of the router which is being corrected.
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed September 28, 2012

It was an inexpensive stay and the hotel was fine. I stayed in a King Suite and it was a big room. The decor was a bit tired but I wasn't expecting too much. Buffet breakfast was included and was just fine.
It was very convenient that Kelsey's was attached to the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Comfort0724, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you see us as a "decent hotel for the price." We are striving to improve our property with renovations that are currently underway. We hope you will enjoy the changes we have made the next time you are in Peterborough, Ontario.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peterborough
Best Western Plus Otonabee Inn
#4 of 12 in Peterborough
Village Inn of Lakefield
Village Inn of Lakefield
#1 of 2 in Lakefield

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!