All reviews room was clean complimentary breakfast trent university one night stay pleasant stay liz television pillows clerk teams hockey fireplace
Selected filters
Reviewed January 15, 2019 via mobile

Although the hotel is a little dated the staff were friendly and the place was about an 8 out of 10 for cleanliness.

I don’t give rating anovecthis when the hotel has carpeting!

It needs some updating and a new coat of paint but otherwise it’s good yor a weekend stay

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 27, 2018

My husband and I stayed here a couple of times and both times had a wonderful experience. We stayed in the King Suite room that has a fire place and large jacuzzi tub. The gas fire place is quiet and provides a decent amount of heat and creates a very romantic atmosphere. The jacuzzi is situated such that you can enjoy your warm bath while viewing the fireplace, with enough room around the tub for drinks or books. The room is well heated (even the bathroom floors) and the setup is perfect for a cozy winter getaway. Staff are friendly, helpful and responsive. Overall, wonderful experience and will be repeating this in the years to come.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2018 via mobile

Our room and bathroom were fine and the beds were comfortable. Like every hotel we have stayed at the television was not set for HD so the picture was in squash mode. The hallways could do with some freshening up. No elevator and a bit of a schlep to get to the breakfast room if you are at the rear of the hotel. However for a free breakfast it was plentiful and fine. Also very civilized of them to offer free newspapers with breakfast.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2018 via mobile

I have had occasion to come to Peterborough for an early morning meeting and needed a place to stay. I decided to stay at the Quality Inn as it was relatively close to my meeting location and to be honest there was not a lot to choose from.

To it’s credit the staff in the night shift were friendly. They told me where I could park my car give the motel’s lot was full. The room came with a bar fridge, a microwave and the wifi presented no challenges. The complimentary breakfast offered a number of items one might not have expected.

However, as with any older motel the décor was dated, the carpet was stained and there was a distinct mustiness that you couldn’t help but notice when you walked into the room. More disturbing to me, however, was management’s tolerance of mould in the shower. What would it take to spray some tilex on the tills and grout once per week?

Overall the bed was fine and I only paid $136 plus tax. That said, I won’t be rushing back.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 2, 2018

It's quite simple, and the breakfast is nothing to brag about but it's not bad at all for the price. The parking arrangement is quite strange though... If you can afford an extra $40 try something better, it will be well worth it.

Date of stay: September 2018