Quality Inn Peterborough
Park Side Motel(Peterborough)
Carriage Inn Motel(Peterborough)
Robyn's Motel(Peterborough)
  • Pool
All reviewsroom was cleanchoice hotelsboston pizzalaundry facilitiescentral locationstores and restaurantsnice hot breakfastlocation is greatplenty of hot waterdowntown areaice machinecomplimentary breakfastthe king size bedfridge and microwavetrent universitygood nights sleepstaff was very friendly and helpful
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 31, 2010

We just stayed here this past weekend, what a disappointment, Given a 2 star rating we were hardly expecting the ritz but judging by the hotel pics i thought it would be a little nicer.The website said the rooms ranged from moderate to luxury. We picked a king suite with a jacuzzi tub and for 149 a night we figured it was fine. The carpets were disgusting out dated and green The heart shaped burgundy tub was a joke, just tacky. We went to a hockey game which kept us away from the room most of the night, otherwise we would have checked out right away,

The pictures of the lobby and rooms had to be when the hotel opened Everything is worn and looked liked like a rooming house not a hotel. I think it is false advertising when you show a decent hotel on the internet and offer up a dump. This place would have been fine for a bunch of guys on a hockey tournament who were looking through beer goggles .

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 2maple
Reviewed January 18, 2010

Attended company Christmas party and decided to stay the night at the last minute. Couldn't believe the price advertised, thought we would get third rate service and room. Boy were we surprised. We were greeted by a very friendly girl at the front desk and given our room keys to the last smoking room left that night. Our room was quite acceptable and very clean. The smoke smell was not too bad, being a non smoker, with a smoking spouse, it been sprayed with some kind of air freshener which smelt not to bad. We had a very comfortable sleep and enjoyed a delicious complimentary hot breakfast the next morning. Definitely recommend this hotel if going to Peterborough, we will be back again.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 23, 2009

I stayed here for the Grand Prix of Mosport last August - it was one of several hotels in the area, and I chose this one because it had the best rate. I'll chose somewhere else in the area next time, even if it costs a bit more.

The location is very good - just about every chain restaurant is within a 5 minute drive of motel, as are many stores (I made a late night emergency trip to Future Shop across the street!). The required Tim Horton's down the street...2 minute drive.

The hotel is your standard no-frills motel...a bit of a dive though. The hallway outside of our room (a non-smoking room) wreaked of smoke... it was really bad. We complained to the front desk, but they said that this was because of the location of the smoking rooms and there was nothing that could be done about it! I'll stay somewhere else based on this alone.... If that wasn't enough, there were several loud kids outside the hotel propping one of the side doors open (a locking exterior door) - I closed the door once only to find it propped open again. I considered this a security hazard, but I think it was some of the hotel staff who were doing this.

The room itself was ok - seemed reasonably clean...beds comfy enough, bathroom spacious enough. The shower was easy to use and had good water pressure. The smoke from the hallway didn't seem to come in the room that much. The wireless internet was spotty at best...sometimes worked, sometimes didn't - don't stay here if internet is necessary.

Breakfast was one of the worst hotel breakfasts I've ever had... I didn't expect much, but really... why bother if you're going to serve stuff this bad? Dried out eggs...rock hard sausages... the bread, bagels and muffins were the edible part of it.

Checkout had to be the slowest I've ever had - perhaps it just seemed that way because we were in a hurry. It took 15 minutes for a guest infront of us to checkout - perhaps it was because they were giving him a small discount because his room had no hot water (yikes!), but it took him almost as long to check us out.

Anyway...bottom line, I'd probably avoid this hotel in the future unless every other hotel in the area was booked or overly expensive... I could stand to stay here again, but it wouldn't be my first choice.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank JL99
Reviewed October 18, 2009

We stayed on a Saturday night. This hotel is not soundproof by any means. You can hear everything in the halls and outside (you'll think you have a window open). The room was stuffy and had a bad smell, which you adjust to, but we all woke up stuffed up. The shower changes temperature from cold to hot often (morning and night). We stayed on the second floor, there is no elevator which is difficult with lots of luggage. Free Parking is available. The beds in our room were hard, we woke up with back pains. Thin comforters. There are two paintings on the wall, which are nice nature scenes, but they were identical, which is strange. They provide free breakfast: scrambled eggs, sausage links, toast, bagels, muffins, juice, cereal, etc. The room was clean.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 16, 2009

When ever I travel with my family, all I want is a nice clean place to stay. I have made a habit to look at the room first before checking in as in the past the room has been dirty.
The night we checked in it is was late and we were tired so I didn't check the room first. In the end the room was clean. On the one wall the wall paper was a little loose but other wise the room was fine.
In the morning we had a nice surprise to find out that breakfast was included. You can't go wrong staying at this hotel for the price.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family