“unforgetable!!!!”

Quality Inn Peterborough
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Peterborough
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Been years since I had stayed at this hotel and I was in shock at the changes!!! Fresh newly reno. rm's (which needed since the last stay and was not impressed at that time!) Every experience I had from calling and booking the reservation with Jody (excellent over-the-top customer service she provides!!)to check in and the entire stay was fantastic!! Like I said the room was a complete 360 transformation (I even got the name of the paint colour for home!). All staff was so friendly and helpful (front desk, housekeeping and breakfast staff) and very knowledgable of the area for recommendations of any kind from dinner to great trails and sight seeing. In all my hotel experiences I have never had one this wonderful and highly recommend it!! Relaxing, friendly and outstanding service!!!!

Room Tip: Ground floor for drive up...so handy!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Jennifer W
qualityinn290, General Manager at Quality Inn Peterborough, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

I would like to take the opportuntiy to welcome you back to the Quality Inn and to thank you for your kind comments concerning your recent stay . It was wonderful to hear your entire experience , beginning with your reservation, was positive. I passed on your comments to Jody, who was quite excited and was very appreciative of your kind words, as she is a new team member. We have done major renovations to the entire property and I am sure it was quite different from your last stay . I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Quality Inn, the next time you are travelling to Peterborough.
P.S. Let us know how the painting project turned out !

Reviewed May 14, 2012

I had the unfourtunate experience of having my car break down on the highway on my way to Ottawa which fourtunately led me to Quality Inn. Having stayed there 3-4 years ago I was a little skeptical about going back, however, after hearing pleasant reviews from the auto shop, I decided to give it another shot. The hotel I guess had gone through complete renovations because it was absolutely gorgeous! The staff, just like my previous stay, were so friendly and helpful, providing me with great recommendations for local places to eat. They definitely made the dreadful experience of having my car break down more pleasant. I would recommed this hotel to absolutely anyone: young, old, groups, people with reliable cars. The free breakfast was really delicious too!!

Room Tip: Any room I expect would be great. I was in a King room on the ground floor and it was beautiful.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Lisa S

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. It was most unfortunate that your car broke down on your way to Ottawa but we were glad we could accommodate you. We have indeed done major renovations to our hotel and we are pleased at all the comments received from our guests. It is great to hear we have the support of our local community as they are confident to recommend the Quality Inn. I have passed on your kind comments to our staff and on their behalf, thank you. I hope you will return to the Quality Inn the next time you are in the area - this time a planned visit !

Reviewed January 10, 2012

We've always like motels where you can drive right up to the door and unload your luggage. The Quality Inn has been around for a long time (formerly Journey's End) but remains very comfortable at a reasonable price. Staff, including front desk, housekeeping and breakfast room attendant, are excellent. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank mungoman
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Stayed 1 night, 09 dec 11. We were meeting up with family who were also staying there. We booked through Booking.com and received a good price for the room. Staff were very nice, we were able to check in early (noon). We had had a king non smoking on the 1st floor. The room was dated but clean, including the bathroom. We asked for extra blankets, and they were provided right away. The room had a mini fridge, microwave, and a coffee maker. The room included a breakfast in the morning, which included items such as sausages, hard boiled eggs, bagels, toast, muffins, fruit, and cereals. Coffee, tea,and juice was also provided. Numerous newspapers provided as well. The room also came with free WIFI. Overall the room was adequate for what we paid. I would stay there again if required.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Sunforus
Reviewed November 30, 2011

The condition of our room was less than satisfactory. Please have the maid change the bed and wash the tub PRIOR to guests staying!!! It was so gross, it appeared as though someone threw up in the bathroom and got it everywhere. There was still some on the outside of the tub! YAK!!!!

The top layer of what they call a comforter (cheap cheap blanket!) was full of white spots. Don't even want to guess what that was!

The maid came and didn't leave us a kleenex box....

We will be sure to choose a different hotel the next time we travel to visit family!! My husband was beyond disgusted and my parents who also stayed (in another room) were so grossed out that my Mom wore shoes in the room the entire time. I don't think either one of us couples would have stayed over night if we hadn't already paid.

The owner of this chain should be ashamed of how this hotel is not maintained! They shouldn't even be allowed to have "Quality" in their name. Just disgusted!!

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel if you would like to be comfortable.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank QuebecRomantics
Reviewed November 29, 2011

We needed a comfortable, inexpensive place to stay while visiting our daughter in University. Becky at the front desk was very nice and upgraded our room. The hotel is a little dated but clean and we felt good value for our money. Good breakfast in the morning too!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Great value for a team trip - decent accommodation/price in a central location including breakfast. I would have rated it higher if it weren't for the strong smell of cigarette smoke that fills the halls from the smoking rooms at another end of the hotel (those still exist!!???). Fortunately, none of the smell entered our room. The rooms are dated and on the small side with limited storage space but were clean and had comfortable beds. Staff were friendly and helpful. Free wifi.

Room Tip: Main floor has patio door access to parking lot - convenient for loading. Ask for a room with fridg...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peterborough
Comfort Inn & Suites
19 mi away
Howard Johnson Lindsay
Howard Johnson Lindsay
#6 of 6 in Lindsay

Been to Quality Inn Peterborough? Share your experiences!