“Best for less”

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Peterborough
Ottawa, Canada
“Best for less”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2011

Much cheaper than Comfort Inn close by, yet more than met our expectations. Nice king bed, lots of pillows and towels, fridge and micro. Super front desk staff. Real cups and plates at free breakfast. Sausages were yummy, nice change from waffles. Free internet in lobby area. Room smelled a bit musty (probably due to older carpet) but everything else made our stay quite enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sycha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Burlington, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2011

Read the latest reviews and wasn't sure this was the place for us. Looking for an overnight stay on a Saturday night. Ended up being great. Price was unbelievable-went thru Priceline $59. When we got to the hotel in took literally 30 seconds to check in. Drove the car around to side, went inside opened the room and you could unload the car right thru the sliding doors. Beds had 4 pillows each, the bathroom was clean with hot water and the tv worked. We enjoyed a quiet night of sleep and were gone first thing in the morning. Never checked out the breakfast. If you want a clean place to stay overnight at a great price and quiet- this is the place for you.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2011

This is a typical 2 star motel. The rooms are tired, with green shag carpeting. But they are kept clean. Great blackout curtains, great pillows, nice bed (but the sheets are thin and cheap), and no shortage of towels.

The listed price is 115 a night, yikes! But we paid 50 using priceline. For $50 a night this was a good deal. They have a typical free breakfast, but also provide hot breakfast sausages and hard boiled eggs in chafing dishes.

We initally had a second story room with 2 double beds, but changed for a first floor king size room with fridge and microwave and sliding doors that opened directly outside. They allow pets and this was super easy for letting our dogs in and out without having to take them into the main motel areas. There is a 2 dog limit, and no additional charges.

The staff were super helpful with suggested restaurants and local sites. This motel is located very close to many shops and 24 hr grocery.

Not the most glamourous, but for $50 a night I would stay here again.

Room Tip: priceline for half price rate, 1st floor for pets
Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2011

I cannot believe the experience we had here. We were awakened by a large group of partying teenagers. The front desk said that someone was one their way and that solved the problem for about two minutes. After the enployee instructed them to stay in their rooms and be quiet, they were smoking more than just cigarettes. We called the front desk and were told that the large group would be leaving to go out do it would be fine. I asked how the hotel would be when they returned after the bar closed and Bill, the manager, said likely loud but it would settle. I asked if we could change rooms to avoid the noise and the smoke. Hd had us pack up and move up to the 2nd floor...with all our luggage and a very upset 2 year-old. We entered the new room to find it trashed. We immediately decided we could not trust that No one would walk into our room even if he could try to find us a third new room.

I asked for a refund and the hotel was willing to reimburse me until they learned I had stupidly booked through expedia and the room was prepaid. They said there was nothing they could do. I called expedia but they were very rude and did nothing to help. The representative said the fine print on their site says "buyer beware" and they cannot guarantee the quality of the hotels on their site. Scary!!!

In the end we drove home which is two hours away since we could not find anywhere else to stay. How this hotel can bear the Quality Inn name is beyond me. We've stayed in many Choice Hotels and this property certainly does not even meet the most basic of needs.

STAY AWAY!!!!

• Stayed April 2011
10 Thank Mjoa

Travelers are raving about these Peterborough hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2011

Used this hotel to accommodate delegates to a meeting in Peterborough. Staff were exceptionally helpful, rooms comfortable and the included breakfast delicious. Ample parking helps too. Try the Boston Pizza right opposite for dinner.

• Stayed April 2011
Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2011

We looked around and around for a hotel to stay when we were visiting Peterborough. We settled on the Quality Inn since we were able to get it for a great rate per night. After booking I decided to look at some of the reviews and was immediately skeptical about what I was reading. I was hoping I did not make the wrong choice, but at this point I could not go back.

We called ahead to let the hotel know we were going to be arriving late and they told us no problem. Once there we checked in and our keys were already ready and all I had to do was sign on the line and swipe my credit card. We were checked in within 2 minutes! She told us where the breakfast room was, and there was ice machine in the corner of the hallway and how to get to our room.

Once we were in the room, it was very nice, we got a room with 1 king bed. It had a nice washroom with lots of towels and everything looked and smelled clean. We threw our bags on the little love seat in the room which I thought was a nice touch and headed back out for dinner.

When it came time to sleep, we returned to our room and it was nice and quiet, I couldn’t hear anyone else in the hotel and I believe there was some sort of team staying there that night since I overheard some adults talking about it.

In the morning I went to get some of the included hot breakfast and it was nice to see a selection. There was hot cereal, cold cereal, coffee, tea, apple and orange juice, white and brown toast, begals and cream cheese, muffins, as well as tasty sausages and hard boiled eggs. I did not expect a huge buffet deluxe breakfast and I honestly don’t know anyone who should expect that. But I was very happy and nicely full after my breakfast.

I had to tell the front desk that I needed a later checkout, a perk of having a choice membership and I made sure to mention my stay to the manager who was there the second morning I was staying and she had a pleasant conversation with me.
On the last day of my stay, there was a recipt slid under my door for the total cost of my stay. When I checked out at 1:30 all I needed was to hand back my keycards and away I went. Checkout was just as quick as checking out.

The only honest thing I could say negative about this hotel was something in my mind is all up to preference. I found the pillows to be a bit soft, but I simply stacked 2 of them together and all was fine. We had 5 pillows on our bed, so there was ample supply.

I will be staying at this hotel again if I ever return to Peterborough to visit friends. The value for my money, as well as the nice breakfast makes it a great place to stay. When it comes down to it, any hotel in a city like Peterborough is not one you go to to hang out at the hotel. You go there to sleep at night, and for me this was the perfect place!

Room Tip: book online, or call hotel directly
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
city
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2011

We got this place through Priceline bid of USD 45 plus taxes. There was a strong smell of third hand tobacco smoke from the moment we entered its lobby, the hallway, and the room. The bedsheets were too thin to keep us warm. There was no extra blanket nor comforter, I had to put my jacket over the blanket and bed pillows as extra insulation. The room is poorly organized, no desk; there is a mini-fridge, microwave, internet available for a fee. Their breakfast includes sausage links, cold and hot cereal, bagels, toast, hard boiled eggs, coffee, tea, juice. You park your car just outside your room.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peterborough
Comfort Inn & Suites
#4 of 12 in Peterborough
Village Inn of Lakefield
Village Inn of Lakefield
#2 of 2 in Lakefield

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!