“If only the breakfast had been as good as the room”

Best Western Plus Otonabee Inn
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Peterborough
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We spent two nights in this hotel in a riverfront room with a fireplace, microwave, and fridge. Our 2nd floor room had a nice balcony overlooking the river. There was no elevator but the stairs were not bad. Service was fine. Our only disappointment was the breakfast. Both days it was exactly the same. We do not eat wheat so the words "full breakfast" on the web site convinced me to choose this hotel. at rather a higher price The full breakfast was (both mornings) scrambled eggs - probably reconstituted - and sausage links. There were some apples, some yogurt, and everything else was wheat filled. There did not seem to be a large variety of that either but I really did not pay that much attention. The good thing was that the breakfast was included with our room rate. WiFi was also included and worked well.
I think if we go back to Peterborough we will try out a different option.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 21, 2013

The room was spacious and inviting and with a fridge, coffee pot and microwave food costs were minimal. The free internet and breakfast were a bonus. The breakfast was the best surprise of all, it included hot items such as eggs and sausages. The staff were always friendly.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Had to come to Peterborough due to a family members hospitalization in town. Didn't know the town well and went to the various hotels and the Best Western was very helpful and sympathetic to the situation. Amber was great and got us set up. The evening and morning staff friendly and the free breakfast/Internet were handy. The room overall was good but could use some updating but it was clean and beds more comfortable then a hospital couch.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I travelled to Peterborough from Burlington with the purpose of looking at homes and industry in the area for a possible transfer. I arrived at the Best Western in the morning to pick up area maps before I started off for the day. I was greeted by Jeremy at the front desk. He took the time to talk with me about the area and gave me tips on where to look in Peterborough. After a few hours of driving and walking around Peterborough, I realized this city was not a viable option for me and I didn't even spend the night at the hotel. However, I felt compelled to write a review based strictly on the fantastic customer service of both Jeremy and Krystal. From what I could see of the property (lobby, pool, fitness centre, and outside property) this hotel would be a great option for families, couples, and business travellers.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Very, very clean ! Nicely appointed. Staff very friendly, courteous and professional.
Breakfast - self serve mini-buffet - eggs, sausage, yogurt, bread, pastries, juice, coffee, french toast, cereal, fresh fruit - nicely done - (hot food refreshed regularly).
Coffee - bit weak for my taste, but typical for restaurant coffee.
Beds were super comfortable. Pillows less so - rather too soft and lacking in substance.
Shower was amazing - great water pressure, easy to adjust temperature and good flow from shower head.
Price was very competitive too - great value for the money.

Room Tip: If a good view is important be sure to ask when booking or checking in without a reservation otherwi...
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Although I live in Peterborough I invite all my grandchildren up for Easter and as we have downsized & cannot accommodate all the kids I always book rooms in a local hotel. This is the first time I have selected the Best Western Otonabee Inn. What a pleasant surprised ! We were planning on staying at another hotel but found out at the last minute that their pool was closed. In a panic we called the Best Western as they also have a pool. The Guest Service Agent, Jeremy, was very helpful and took care of all our needs. He was very efficient & friendly and made us feel welcome.

Our room was fabulous, well appointed, spacious,comfortable and extremely clean. These are probably the nicest rooms in Peterborough. They have a fantastic fitness centre, a large pool and whirlpool. Although the pool was very busy the staff kept up the high demand on towels and making sure the pool area was clean. Pool is larger than most hotel pools and my grandkids had a great time.

I was really surprised to hear breakfast was included in our rate. Excellent choices that included scrambled eggs, sausages, french toast, baked goods, cereals etc. - everything you could want. Our server was very pleasant and you could tell she had pride in the hotel.

From now on the Best Western will certainly be my first choice when I bring family to the area. The management has to be commended on the high service levels and guest satisfaction provided.

Thank you from our entire family for a great stay - we will be back !

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor
1  Thank 422MaggieT
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Very nice hotel. The staff was very nice as well.

We stayed in room 142. It was clean and had up-to-date furniture. The room was equipped with: a mini fridge, microwave, LCD TV, iron, hair dryer, coffee machine, couch, coffee table, dresser, arm chair, and queen bed. There was lots of parking outside and the grounds were well kept. There is free wifi internet, a pool, hot tub and gym onsite as well.

The complimentary breakfast has lots of food to choose from such as: scrambled eggs, sausage, french toast, bagels, toast, cereal, muffins, and yogurt. To drink there was: juice, coffee, water, and iced tea. Very good selection and the food was fresh.

Cons: A couple of light bulbs didn't work. The shower curtain extends past the tub which doesn't allow for the door to open all the way. The bathroom door had trouble closing.

All in all, it was a very nice place to stay and if I were in town I would not hesitate to stay here again or recommend a family member.

1  Thank gareauk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peterborough
Comfort Inn & Suites
#5 of 12 in Peterborough
Comfort Inn Cobourg
Comfort Inn Cobourg
#3 of 6 in Cobourg

Been to Best Western Plus Otonabee Inn? Share your experiences!