All reviews the river outdoor pool riverside grill restaurant staff water view tim hortons renovated room enjoyed my stay lift lock the hotel is clean king bed cleaning staff stayed one night sauna conference summer downtown
Selected filters
Reviewed April 24, 2019 via mobile

The newly remodeled hotel looks very nice. Restaurant has a beautiful view of the river as our room, 412. The rooms facing the river have a nice small balcony.
Our room had a king size bed that looked new but had deep body groves in the mattress that were uncomfortable. All other furniture, decorations and linens were new and in great condition.
Walls are very thin and not well insulated, the conversation from our neighbors was loud and clear, so if you are a light sleeper you might want to chose a different hotel. I could hear conversations in rooms as I walked down the hallway.
Room service was plentiful, hot and delicious.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Grant Z, General Manager at Holiday Inn Peterborough, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2019

Thanks for staying with us and sharing your experience. All of our rooms had new furnishing and this mattress must have had a defect and are having it replaced for our future guests. My apologies for an uncomfortable sleep. Hoping you will join us again when in the area.

Reviewed April 19, 2019 via mobile

Very good hotel, nicely located in the main street of Peterborough. The room was very big with the necessary things, including a nice view of the river. The staff were super friendly. Less positive: (1) the noise, this was the worst part and not only due to other guests (2) breakfast should have more choices. Anyway a very good 3 stars hotel

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Grant Z, General Manager at Holiday Inn Peterborough, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2019

Thanks for staying with us this past weekend. Glad our incredibly friendly staff made a difference in your stay! Sorry your neighbours were a bit noisy. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 20, 2019

I stay at this hotel on March 19 , because it was close to a restaurant where I was meeting a friend for supper. To my surprise I was expected to pay for parking $ 5.00 , this wasn't never mentioned at the time of booking . This morning I got the bill under the door ,there a further surprise , there was a service charge added which was $7.39 plus HST $0.96 . When I asked the question to front desk ,I was given an excuse that ti was cover maintenance , the pool and etc. I was also told this is the way things are done in Toronto ,I mention to him that wer werent in Toronto. Bottom line I would stay there again , I would stay the at the Best Western and take a cab and save my self some money .

Date of stay: March 2019
Tracie O, Manager at Holiday Inn Peterborough, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2019

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate all the comments we receive from our guests and we are sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations. If you wish to discuss your stay further, please don't hesitate to contact our Guest Services Manager directly at the hotel.

Reviewed March 11, 2019

We rented the suite and was very impressed with it. It was two rooms with adjoining doors. One room had a king bed and the other was like a living room, with couch, two chairs w/footstools and a dining room table in it as well as 60" TV. the couch pulled out to a bed as well. The staff were wonderful and they have an excellent breakfast buffet and well worth the money.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Tracie O, Manager at Holiday Inn Peterborough, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2019

Thank you very much for your great feedback about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your comments and are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to welcome you again in the future!

Reviewed March 10, 2019

We once lived in Peterborough and are familiar with the Holiday Inn. That said, we have not been there in more than an decade. We were pleasantly surprised at the renovated dining area and bar but more importantly, the (mostly) young staff were very pleasant and professional. Everyone, front desk staff, bar and dining staff and housekeeping, spoke to us, if only to say hello. They were welcoming and helpful. Our south facing room, one of only two per floor I think was spacious, clean and well appointed. I don't know when those rooms were constructed or renovated but it certainly seems new still rather than looking than the opposite as so many hotel rooms do.

Room tip: chose an east facing room for the best view, of the river, although the few south facing rooms are nice too.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. Our staff pride themselves on being friendly and welcoming and it's great this shone through for you. Your comments will shared with the staff! Thank you again and we hope to welcome you again in the future,